About the Position:
We are a growing and funded startup in the Boston area looking to expand our development team. We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer who stays current with the latest web trends and enjoys working in a fun, relaxed startup environment.Our web-based application targets media companies and helps them run their business by summarizing actionable data in a BI-style dashboard. Work with an exceptional group of entrepreneurs to expand our feature set and improve our application, and keep our clients ecstatic with our products.
- Sharpen your skills in Ruby on Rails technologies as well as SQL database development.
- Work with the complete product life cycle, including designing, developing, QAing, maintaining, deploying and operating the software.
- Provide input on decisions that have an immediate impact to our bottom line.
- Work directly with business stakeholders and develop functionality based on their feedback.
- Competitive compensation
- Awesome work environment
- Great benefits!
- Ruby experience
- MVC framework knowledge (Rails is preferred)
- Experience working with version control (Git is a big plus)
Pluses (not required, but having some of these skills will set you apart):
- Experience working in an fast-paced, agile environment (we move and respond to client feedback quickly)
- SQL proficiency (ability to write and tune queries, going beyond just ActiveRecord)
- Coffeescript familiarity
- Ability to write unit tests (any language, Rspec experience is a big plus), and any TDD experience (or a desire to learn) is great
- Any devops experience (Chef, puppet, etc.)
If you have any code samples or previous work online, we'd love to see it. A link to your Github profiles score extra points.
You, the Programmer:
- You work well independently and on a small team.
- You have good communication skills.
- You are a self-motivated developer.
- You love to write great code.
Chime Media is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.