We are looking for experienced full-stack Ruby on Rails developers to join our application development team.
You will be working on a highly agile and diverse team, where everyone gets to see immediate benefits from their work. If you like to come in to work with passion and leave work with satisfaction, you'll fit right in! If you appreciate Agile and Lean development practices, focus on a business value and understand what continuous improvement means, this is the place for you!
We have disrupted the social media analytics industry and have democratized data analysis. Thousands of small and medium businesses depends on Viralheat to draw actionable insights an understand how to engage with social media. The challenge is to make data beautiful. You will be working on all aspects of our front-end and middle-tier technology stacks including the dashboard, notifications, email reports, Excel and PDF reports and the API's.
- Develop the next generation social media intelligence platform.
- Drive and participate in feature requirements, architecture, and design specification reviews.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design and implement product features in a fast-paced environment following agile development methodology.
- Work with the management to understand user requirements and design elegant solutions to problems at hand.
- Participate in planning, estimating and scheduling activities
- Blog about tips, tricks and trends in ruby on rails development.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science (or related technical discipline)
- Extensive experience with Ruby on Rails. (We are primarily a rails shop)
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of database concepts; familiarity with one of the major databases a plus (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with OAuth, integration of 3rd party services (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) and dealing with APIs is a major plus.
- Passion for building modern, intuitive and elegant user interfaces.
- Solid understanding of techniques used to optimize web performance.
- Experience using Git version control
- Excellent communication and written skills
- PLUS : Test-driven Development skill set is a big plus
Salary / Benefits
- You will work directly with the co-founder's of the company.
- We offer competitive salaries and full benefits, including health, dental, vacation and stock options.
- You will be an early employee and will get to make a significant impact on evolution of the company.
- We will offer relocation benefits (if youre not currently in the Bay area) for the right candidate.
- Three weeks of Paid time off.
- Choose your own setup. Macbook Pros, Dual monitors make you more productive.
- Catered lunches.
- A fully stocked & open kitchen.
- Office coffee machine with a wide variety of coffee and tea.
- Social events (like Happy hours).
- And much more!
Viralheat is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Viralheat - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -