O.C. Tanner develops employee recognition and rewards programs that help companies appreciate people who do great work.
As part of that effort, we build large-scale, international, multi-million user web and mobile applications used by Fortune 500 companies. And we’re doing it with technologies like Heroku, iOS, Android, Rails and Node.js. If web and mobile apps are your thing, we’ve got that.
We’re actively adopting the practice of separating front-end and back-end processing across our application stack. A Ruby on Rails engineer is responsible for creating the services required to feed our Front-End apps that span the web, mobile, voice and any other great ideas we come up with.
Our Ruby on Rails Engineers work closely with Technical Program Managers, Product Managers, Front-End Engineers, Mobile Engineers, QA Engineers and others to do the following:
• Creates domain and web services using Ruby on Rails and other technologies for deployment in the cloud
• Defines, creates and maintains the data structures required to feed these services including relational and NoSQL products such as PostgreSQL and Cassandra
• Ensure 100% code coverage by automated testing -- we take test-driven development seriously here
• Clearly understand business objectives and customer needs
• Design, build and deliver solutions that will meet and often exceed the objectives and needs
• Help define and execute standards and practices that enable our development teams to do this as quickly and effectively as possible
• Foster an environment that attracts, empowers and retains technical people of the highest caliber
Applying candidates must have each of the following:
• Great experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
• Strong technical depth and breadth in service development
• Deep knowledge of data management issues including storage, secure transmission, encryption and transactions
• Comfortable with continuous deployment
• A passion for delivering a bullet-proof services infrastructure
• A craving for high performance code
• Keeps it as simple as possible
Open to internal and external candidates.