RULER FOOD STORES
I. PURPOSE FOR POSITION
To operate the register to check out customers in a prompt, efficient, and courteous manner, with all sales properly recorded and all monies properly collected according to company policies and procedures.
Performs all work in the Grocery Department according to the procedures and standards established in the most efficient manner to contribute to the store image and generate the necessary sales and profits. Maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Standing - 100% of the time.
2. Lifting - Average of 50 pounds.
3. Pushing/Pulling - Carts and skids.
5. Reading - 100% of the time.
6. Climbing - Ladder/Stool.
7. Manual Dexterity - 100% of the time, use of both arms and legs.
8. Talking - good verbal skills - communications with customers/employees
9. Listening - good communications with customers/employees
10. Repetitive Motion - Hands/Wrists
11. Personal Ability - Knowledge to fully complete the cashier training program
12. Memorization - Identify produce items and sale items
1. Orders grocery product as requested.
2. Prepares, handles, stocks, and/or stores all grocery products received.
3. Rotates all grocery merchandise according to code dating policies.
4. Applies proper stocking techniques to insure proper location on shelf, in
saleable condition, and within the performance guidelines established.
5. Assists in display building as requested.
6. Maintains housekeeping functions (shelves and loose cardboard disposal).
7. Keeps the grocery department fixtures, equipment, and area clean and free from accident hazards at all times.
8. Handles all store property and equipment in a safe and orderly manner.
9. Uses proper disposal techniques on all throw backs and puts the label in designated area to keep proper track of shrink.
10. Works top stock and back stock as requested.
11. Checks produce meat, dairy/frozen, breads, donuts, and cookies throughout the day to ensure freshness and fullness.
12. Check out customers promptly, courteously, efficiently, and accurately
13. Knowledge of equipment
14. Keep work area clean and supplies stocked at all times
15. Knowledge of current ad and all other information posted by the Store Manager
16. Count till in and out, and be responsible for all transactions
17. Maintain courteous and friendly customer relations
18. Follow all company policies and procedures as outlined in cashier training manual and company handbook
19. Maintain a neat and personal appearance - hair, team wear, apron, and name tag
20. Report customer complaints to the Front End Manager or Store Manager
21. Knowledge of produce items
22. Follows company guidelines and policies for safety
23. Other duties as assigned by management.
IV. EQUIPMENT USED
1. Floor Jack 4. Box Cutter 7. Register 10. Lotto machine
2. Power Lift - If 18 years of age 5. Order Machine 8. Scales 11. Money Counter
3. Baler - If 18 years of age 6. Label Gun 9. Adding Machine 12. EFT Machine