PURPOSE FOR THE POSITION
To implement and coordinate plans, in store, to achieve the sales, profitability, and growth objectives of the Division. To carry out and enforce Company policies and merchandising programs and the supervision and training of all team members. To promote and maintain good customer and community relations.
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Standing/walking 100% of the time
Bending/twisting - loading/unloading product
Reading/comprehension - 100% of the time
Talking - good verbal skills - communications with customers/team members
Listening - good communications with customers/team members
A. STORE OPERATIONS
1. Complete responsibility for total store operation taking whatever action necessary, within the scope of authority, to achieve total sales and profit objectives.
2. Provide leadership by setting a positive example for effective performance, initiative and service.
3. Implement plans for the accomplishment of sales and profit objectives.
4. Follows through and enforces the division’s programs for controlling store operations.
5. Oversees program designed to achieve profit objectives.
6. Ensures proper use and maintenance of store facilities and equipment.
7. Promotes effective communication among all team members. Keeps Zone Director informed.
B. COMPANY POLICIES
1. Ensures that all team members adhere to company policies concerning stores operations and procedures - pay rates, leaves, vacations, discipline, etc…
2. Complete all records and reports accurately and on time
3. Follow through on all safety and security programs for customers and team members
4. Replies to all company correspondence promptly
C. MERCHANDISING PROGRAMS
1. Implements Company merchandising plans which lead to the accomplishment of sales objectives.
2. Follows through on Zone Director Plans and directives for utilizing store facilities.
3. Use display equipment and materials properly
4. Does store walk and checks perishable departments often
5. Checks local competition add often
6. Is responsible for adjusting orders based on current business conditions
D. EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
1. Recruits, interviews, employs and orientates team members
2. Is responsible for seeing that all new team members are properly trained
3. Promotes continuous training programs for all team members
4. Evaluates and disciplines team members as necessary , handling authority
5. Encourages team member interest and self-development
6. Directs efforts of all team members assigned to him/her, directly or indirectly
E. CUSTOMER RELATIONS
1. Carries out a program for customer service, favorable store and company image and customer satisfaction.
2. Creates customer goodwill by maintaining desirable shopping conditions, giving good service, and by handling customer issues/complaints according to company policy
3. Monitors customer service, as performed by all team members
A. The Store Manager reports directly to the Zone Director and shall be expected to maintain a close relationship with the department heads within his/her assigned store. The Store Manager should also maintain good working relationships with department heads in all service areas of the company (Merchandising, H.R., Distribution, etc…). Advises and consults with Zone Director on all store problems, requirements, and necessary changes.
B. Any problems that cannot be settled satisfactory through direct contact with the Zone Director or in a timely manner shall be directed to the Division Office.
C. Supervises and directs all store team members
Statements included in this job description do not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the position, or to require that other or different tasks be performed, as circumstances change.
Four year college degree or equivalent experience.
Working knowledge of all departments within the store
Personality to work with team members and customers
Working knowledge of electronic equipment
Kroger - 21 months ago