RULER FOOD STORES
I. PURPOSE FOR POSITION
To operate the register to check out customers in a prompt, efficient, and courteous manner, with all sales properly recorded and all monies properly collected according to company policies and procedures.
Performs all work in the Grocery Department according to the procedures and standards established in the most efficient manner to contribute to the store image and generate the necessary sales and profits. Maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
1. Orders grocery product as requested.
2. Prepares, handles, stocks, and/or stores all grocery product received.
3. Rotates all grocery merchandise according to code dating policies.
4. Applies proper stocking techniques to insure proper location on shelf, in
saleable condition, and within the performance guidelines established.
5. Assists in display building as requested.
6. Maintains housekeeping functions (shelves and loose cardboard disposal).
7. Keeps the grocery department fixtures, equipment, and clean and free from accident hazards at all times.
8. Handles all store property and equipment in a safe and orderly manner.
9. Follows store policy on dress and appearance.
10. Works top stock and back stock as requested.
11. Follows company guidelines and policies for safety.
12. Check out customers promptly, courteously, efficiently, and accurately
13. Knowledge of equipment
14. Keep work area clean and supplies stocked at all times
15. Knowledge of current ad and all other information posted by the Front End Manager or Store Manager
16. Count till in and out, and be responsible for all transactions
17. Maintain courteous and friendly customer relations
18. Follow all company policies and procedures as outlined in cashier training manual and company handbook
19. Maintain a neat and personal appearance - hair, team wear, apron, and name tag
20. Report customer complaints to the Front End Manager or Store Manager
21. Knowledge of produce items
22. Follows company guidelines and policies for safety
23. Other duties as assigned by management.
IV. EQUIPMENT USED
1. Floor Jack 4. Box Cutter 7. Register 10. Lotto machine
2. Power Lift - If 18 years of age 5. Order Machine 8. Scales 11. Money Counter
3. Baler - If 18 years of age 6. Label Gun 9. Adding Machine 12. EFT Machine
1. Is responsible to the Store Manager, or person in charge of the store.
2. Assists and cooperates with other cashiers where needed to benefit the front end operation
Statements included in this job description do not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the position, or to require that other or different tasks be performed, as circumstances change.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE VISIT: www.jaycfoods.com/careers
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Standing - 100% of the time.
2. Lifting - Average of 50 pounds.
3. Pushing/Pulling - Carts and skids.
5. Reading - 100% of the time.
6. Climbing - Ladder/Stool.
7. Manual Dexterity - 100% of the time, use of both arms and legs.
8. Talking - good verbal skills - communications with customers/employees
9. Listening - good communications with customers/employees
10. Repetitive Motion - Hands/Wrists
11. Personal Ability - Knowledge to fully complete the cashier training program
12. Memorization - Identify produce items and sale items
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT WWW.JAYCFOODS.COM/CAREERS AND SELECT STORE OPPORTUNITIES ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PAGE.
Kroger - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard