Runners for the Alamo Drafthouse are a key element to the Guest experience and are responsible for ensuring our Guests receive an exceptional dining experience by getting all ordered items to them in a timely manner. Runners are the final eyes of the kitchen/bar are responsible for inspecting all food and drink prior to leaving the kitchen/bar to be received by our Guests. This position supports the service staff in any manner to provide the guest with an awesome experience, including maintaining clean theaters during and between performances. All service staff is expected to practice responsible alcohol service in accordance with state/local laws and Alamo Drafthouse, LLC alcohol policy.
- Ensures that all Guests have an AWESOME Experience, and are EXCITED to come back.
- Possess proficient knowledge of the menu in order to explain our offerings to the Guests, inform them of current food promotions and specials, and answer any questions.
- Serves food and beverages to Guests in a timely manner, which includes retrieving food orders from the kitchen and transporting them to the Guests in the servers'' section, as well as for any other section in the restaurant.
- Ability to assess guest demeanor and identify when behavior should be called to the attention of a Manager.
- Follow alcohol awareness procedures for identifying age, preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated Guests, as needed.
- Maintains theater appearance by pre-bussing, checking drink levels, removing clutter and providing adequate napkins, etc.
- Completes pre-shift prep work and maintains appropriate volumes of prepped items.
- Keeps station clean, sets up and takes down station appropriately.
- Performs shift change and/or opening or closing duties.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Assists other Team Members as needed or when business needs dictate.
- Local Heath Cards (as required) and valid TABC Certification are require
- Must be positive, fun, coachable and open minded
- Excellence staff and guest relation skills