Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Science
We are committed to providing quality health care services to all women. Our mission is to promote health and prevent disease in women by educating health care providers and investigators; and conducting research to advance knowledge in our field. We accomplish this by supporting the programmatic initiatives of our faculty and staff in the areas of patient care, education, and research and our commitment to providing compassionate care place UCSF on the leading edge of women’s health.
The Program Specialist will provide critical support to the Ryan Program managers at the National Office, including organizing meetings, coordinating conferences, creating programmatic informational documents, editing reports, and managing accounting. This position will be responsible for interaction with both internal and external faculty and staff, as well as consultants, to coordinate a variety of complex meetings, and will need to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. The LARC program is a national initiative to increase training opportunities for medical students and residents for low-income post-abortion and post-partum contraception. This position will be independently responsible for gathering, tracking, organizing, processing and monitoring LARC program data, including preparing formal reports for the funder and for publication. This includes interaction with program faculty at over 50 Ryan Program ob-gyn departments across the country. This position is ideal for a person who is tech-savvy and interested in data management.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• Bachelor’s Degree , or equivalent years of work experience
• One-two years work experience in an administrative capacity
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access, specifically in database creation and management Desire to work in the field of abortion and family planning
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects efficiently
• Ability to work independently
• Extremely well organized with excellent time management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Detail oriented
Physical Demands: requires sitting; standing; walking; climbing stairs; climbing ladders; reaching up to shoulder height; reaching above shoulder level; carrying/lifting 20 pounds; pushing/pulling 20 pounds; gripping/grasping, fine/gross finger manipulation; repetitive movements of upper and lower extremities; differentiate color.
• Knowledge of academic medicine, specifically medical education and training, and structure of obstetrics and gynecology departments
• Knowledge of the field of abortion and family planning services