· Ensure the safety of all Signal Department personnel through various means including, but not limited to, quarterly safety meetings, safety walkabouts, and efficiency testing for rules compliance.
· Oversee the required GI testing
Manage budgets and workforce productivity within CN policy and its Five Guiding Principles.
· Ensure compliance with CN Signals and Communications Codes, and general good-practice maintenance, of all signal apparatuses.
• The position is both indoors and outdoors.
• Need to manage changing project schedules, priorities and deadlines.
• Intermittent periods of overtime.
• Required to be on call.
• Will be required at times to travel to outdoor field sites, in varying weather conditions.
• Will be required to respond to emergency situations as needed.
• High School diploma or GED
• 2+ years of experience in the Signals department
• Good computer skills; especially working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word).
Canadian National Railway
- 14 months ago - save job