Summary: The Clinician will be responsible for assessment, treatment, development and implementation of client therapeutic plans. All duties will be performed based on education, training and certified counseling experience within the social service field. The Clinician is directly supervised by the Lead Clinician or designee and is subject to work overtime and be on-call for clients and staff. Maintains necessary client records, provides liaison with referral sources and providers. Will assist in discharge planning; serves on assigned committees, and other duties as assigned. Follows all BCFS policies regarding reporting abuse and neglect. This position is full-time exempt position.
1. Conduct intake interviews and assess client;
2. Prepare goal-oriented psycholosocial diagnostic assessments, service plans and progress reports;
3. Co-Faciliate client groups on specific issues;
4. Provide case consultations, one-to-one counseling for clients, and/or crisis intervention;
5. Maintain therapeutic services within the Baptist Child & Family Services and funding source guidelines;
6. Attend training, workshops and meetings upon request;
7. Maintain confidentiality in all areas of client and program operations;
8. Maintain professional and ethical standards as presribed by Baptist Child & Family Services Program and the professional profession;
9. Role model a professional demeanor at all times;
10. Comply with the agency and program policy and procedure manual; and
11. Comply with all Licensing Standards as well as funding source guidelines;
12. Obtaining professional certifications
13. Attend and participate in all required professional training, workshops and or continuing education
14. Conduct and coordinate client assessments
15. Conduct counseling sessions with clients.
16. Maintain communication with lead case managers on a consistent basis.
17. Develop and implement client tracking and status reports for monthly review/audit of clinical department.
18. Attend weekly clinical/treatment meetings to maintain current information and support.
19. Provide direct care services as milieu personnel when requested
Education: Masters Degree in Social Work from a college or university accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, or Masters Degree in a related field.
Certification and/or License Required: Licensed Masters Social Work, ACP, LPC, or LPC temporary.
Experience: Two or More years of relevant supervisory experience demonstrating ability to train and supervise clinicians, required.
1. Skills in group, individual, and family therapy.
2. Knowledge of and skill in a range of treatment modalities.
3. Knowledge of community resources.
4. Ability to access and coordinate services.
5. Ability to function as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
6. Ability to organize and to prioritize duties and responsibilities efficiently.
7. Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in Spanish and English languages, required.
8. SAMA Behavior techniques.
9. Basic proficiency utilizing personal computers, including basic word processing and menu driven applications.
10. Provide data to support staff on admission/discharge of clients in order for them to maintain the permanent BCFS Census.
11. Prepare and maintain department reports as assigned.
12. Ability to use up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or a small amount of force continuously to move objects.
13. Work may deal with areas such as preparing and reading data and figures and visual inspection involving small details. Visual work is primarily close to the observer. Depth perception and field of vision (peripheral) are not as critical as the ability to distinguish small details and markings very near the observer.
14. Ability to perform moderately difficult manipulation such as writing, typing, and foot and hand-eye coordination required.
15. Ability to walk frequently; occasionally stand for prolonged periods of time; occasionally required to squat, climb stairs, kneel and twist; sit for prolonged periods of time.
16. Ability to receive verbal instructions, answer phones, etc. with some background noise
BCFS - 7 months ago
BCFS is a global health and human services non-profit organization with locations and programs in the United States as well as Eastern...