Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With revenues of more than $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify.
Mass. Electric Construction Co. is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation. Based in Dallas, Texas, our operations includes signal systems, overhead contact systems, traction power and communications systems for clients nationwide.
Do you think you have the ability to be the “Orchestra Leader” of the engineering effort on a construction project? Are you able to master and execute all aspects of administrative and technical project controls? Do you have an unyielding desire to share this information with the next generation of Project Engineers? If so, then our team is looking for you. We’d like someone with proven construction experience and a particular passion for building best-in-class construction projects. We are a team that is working towards some pretty lofty goals. As we keep working hard, we have plenty of fun along the way and stay focused on helping execute our long term strategic goals. Can you keep up and are you ready?
This position will typically report into the Project Manager. You will also have responsibility for ensuring all project staff are being trained and developed on ensuring “No Hurts”. You are one of the most important cornerstones in the project office.
- Direct or assist with all project Safety programs and procedures. This is our first and foremost focus.
- Maintains, revises and records safety procedures and information to remain in compliance with company and government standards
- Educate and train employees on OSHA regulations, fall protection, scaffolding, excavation/shoring, blood born pathogens, CPR, confined space, heavy equipment operation, etc.
- Conducts and/or coordinates I all safety related investigations
- Conducts regular in-house inspections to recognize and eliminate hazardous conditions and practices
- Primary duties include extensive safety training and awareness programs for plant personnel that include promotion and compliance with safety regulations. Programs include Confined Space Entry Permits, Industrial Hygiene Practices, Ergonomics, Behavior-based Safety, Fall Protection, Water Safety, and PPE
- Assists with development and monitoring of work procedures to ensure every employee goes home safe. Provides training for employees and management where applicable
- Investigates occupational accidents and injuries in cooperation with workers' compensation insurance carrier. Completes all required reports regarding accidents and injuries and acts as the liaison between plant and regulatory agencies involved
This position requires just the right person with a motor that never stops running and has the ability to help lead the effort in developing our project controls and Field Engineers. Think you have what it takes?
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Health or Industrial Hygiene or construction related degree
- Minimum of two (3) years related experience or have demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the responsibilities
- Must be willing to relocate initially and on an as-needed basis
- Related experience in the transit or electrical industry is preferred
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 2 years ago - save job
Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth of...