The Sales Associ ate reports to the Sales Team Manager and ensures the uniform execution of the Belk direction within their store.
- Meeting or exceeding personal sales per hour goals.
- Using suggestive selling techniques with all customers.
- Identifying and reducing shrinkage in area.
- Meeting or exceeding approach rate goals.
- Meeting or exceeding credit application goals.
- Meeting or exceeding units per transaction goals.
- Thanking each customer by name following a purchase.
- Handling each transaction efficiently and accurately.
- Maintaining floor and stock areas consistent with store standards.
- New merchandise should be unpacked and displayed in a timely manner and should be stored in a place that does not obstruct customer access to the department.
- Ensuring timely set-up including signage for promotional events.
- Following procedures for all systems including BARS, counts, markdowns, retickets and inventory control.
- Maintaining Belk profession dress standards and appearance.
- Cooperating with fellow associates and management.
- Complying with store policies concerning attendance and tardiness.
- Accepting additional duties or share responsibilities during busy times and/or as requested by Sales Team Manager.
- Assisting with all non-sell duties as assigned by Sales Team Manager.
Education & Experience
- No education requirement.
- Experience in retail preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to use computer keyboard, standard telephone and other related business equipment.
- Hand manipulation to remove sensor tags
- Ability to push / pull 100-500 pounds when moving stock carts
- Task demands vary in each department because of the different types of merchandise. Stocking requirements can involve reaching above & below shoulder level and lifting 25-50 pound boxes
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings & weekends, due to shift rotation.
TO APPLY FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW:
Step 1: Go to www.belk.com/careers , View Job Openings, Apply to a specific store location, Choose location and apply.
Step 2: Character Assessment
Step 3: Talx Form (Tax credit form