WEEKENDS (FRI -SUN)
Provides excellent customer service to retail customers and maintains the sales floor to ensure an exciting shopping experience.
Please be aware that as a member of Goodwill of Greater Washington’s Retail Staff and a condition of employment, you will be required to work a flexible schedule. In support of retail store and production operations this schedule will include work on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide professional and courteous customer service to all customers.
2. Demonstrate accurate cash handling skills including making change, and operate and maintain the cash register, check and charge card machines.
3. Know the merchandise being sold and answers customer’s questions courteously and promptly.
4. Keep floor merchandise neat and orderly (racks, shelves, bins, and hangers), and assist customers with purchase selection if requested.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain an orderly and clean register area.
2. Assist with shipments and ensure that merchandise is taken from the truck and place on the floor in a timely manner.
3. Be familiar with store security procedures and exercise security practices when necessary.
4. Perform store upkeep duties as needed to include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, wiping shelves and dusting (including restrooms and dressing rooms).
5. Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
1. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and GGW associates.
Basic math skills.
Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours per 8 hour shift).
Ability to lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
Ability to bend frequently.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Work experience may be substituted for education.
Six months experience in similar work environment or equivalent training.
Ability to provide world-class customer service to all of our customers.
1. Previous work experience in a retail environment.
2. Excellent customer service related skills.
3. Working knowledge of a cash register.
Please ensure that your resume reflects a history consistent with the duties and requirements desired for this position.
Goodwill of Greater Washington - 13 months ago