Be an Army Civilian - Go Army! The Army's Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (DFMWR) vision is to be the driving force for programs and services that provide for the Army's home and enhance the lives of its soldiers, families, civilians and military retirees. Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military but crucial to support military operations.
Vacancy is located at the Fort Carson Elkhorn Conference Center. The Elkhorn provides planning and catering for conferences, meetings, weddings, luncheons and other formal and informal functions.
Vacancy is Flexible (0-39 hours per week), without benefits and may be irregular scheduled to include nights, weekends and some holidays or on an on-call basis depending on scheduled events.
The duty location may change on occasion to surrounding outdoor areas in support of special events.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Provides customer service in a retail sales activity. Demonstrates and sells specialized merchandise to customers. May operate a cash register, makes change, completes charge and lay away transactions. Maintains merchandise by stocking shelves, displaying goods and keeping the area neat and orderly. Keeps related sales records as necessary. Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays and split shifts.
Knowledge of basic math.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 http://armypubs.army.mil/epubs/pdf/r215-3.pdf must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Must successfully complete a physical assessment at Occupational Health.
6. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Minimum Qualifications
- Business Necessity
- Customer Service
- Sales Skills
- Food and Beverage Operations
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Flexible positions offer no benefits.
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plans, Health, Dental, Life insurance, Long Term Care Plan insurance and Flexible Spending Accounts. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 18 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...