The mission of the Directorate of Cadet Activities (DCA) is to significantly enhance the development of the United States Corps of Cadets militarily, physically, academically, moral-ethically, spiritually, and socially by providing organized, comprehensive and diverse programs and facilities, which provide for entertainment, extracurricular, recreational, cultural and social activities.
Located in the scenic Hudson River Valley, only 50 miles from New York City, the U.S. Military Academy at West Point is a four-year academic institution, a nationally-renowned historic site, and the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. West Point's 3,000 civilian employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theatre, the Hudson Valley's premier performing arts center, and recreational facilities such as an 18-Hole Golf Course and Ski Slope.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Responsible for overall operations of sales store. Makes available to patrons all resale merchandise in store. Prices all merchandise. Monitors stock levels. Orders and receives merchandise. Provides assistance to patrons in selection of goods or substitute materials. Records sales on cash register and makes change. Assists in monthly inventory. Prepares documents associated with ordering and receiving merchandise and daily cash reporting in accordance with established procedures. May direct the work of other employees.
Experience in inventory control, retail sales and cash register operations. Working knowledge of sales inventory is desirable.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: I nventory control, retail sales and cash register operations.
This is an intermittent/ flexible position, there are no guaranteed hours and is on call basis. Intermittent/Flexible positions are not entitled to NAF Benefits or leave accruals.
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 14 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...