Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems are found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world and produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. Hospital laboratories are our core clinical diagnostic customers. Our life science customers include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, universities, medical schools and research institutions. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on six continents. For more than 75 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Roles and Responsibilities: Field Sales Representative / Territory Manager
Planning & Reporting
prospective customers / leads for use as sales), competition, and service line
- Territory analysis and mapping by clients & prospects (Compile lists of
with the Strategic Account Coordinator) and territory as a whole; established
- Devise strategies for all accounts (including Strategic Accounts in relation
Quarterly Business plan / Sales Mater Plan (and revision) reviews by classifying
and monitoring the territory into tier 1, 2 and 3 account groupings.
order information, sales call reports and miscellaneous issues relevant to
- Generate regular activity updates including updates in sales forecasts, lost
ensure that all proposal/contract details, clients’ meetings, RFP information
- Maintain sales and client related records in corporate CRM system and/or
and relevant updates are captured and maintained within Corporate CRM.
- Contribute to Competitive surveys (competition offering’s, competition
- Monitor and report regional market trends, identify new market potentials.
Genomics sales program throughout assigned territory and representing the
- Serve in the field as the principal representative of the Beckman Coulter
company professionally, ethically and morally at all times
- Ensure field presence and being visible throughout assigned territory
- Arranging and delivering technical seminars, organizing and conducting
promotional events (road shows, small exhibitions, etc…)
- Attend trades shows upon management request, as well as organizing local
- Participate in ongoing technical and sales trainings to remain expert in
representatives or possible distributor
- Achieve technical knowledge and applications on assigned product lines
- manage the local relationship within the Territory with the sales
Opportunity Management Leading / Coordinating the selling process and Revenues
generation across the assigned Territory
definition, collecting technical, competitive and business requirements,
- Initial sales qualification with the client which involves: Project scope
prioritizing when to bring in additional sales support resources.
Contract Research work in conjunction with other departments or services (Sales
- Prepare commercial proposals for clients with respect to Service and/or
Support / Business Operation or Channel Management / Marketing / Operation for
process such as marketing, product management, study management, operations, and
- Negotiate quotes and close sales
- Interface and give feedback with internal departments throughout the sales
documents are available, entered into the CRM and distributed to appropriate
- When an opportunity is closed / won, ensure all appropriate administrative
stakeholders (Order management, Operations, Legal etc..)
customers in the assigned territory of TX, AZ, NM, CO, MO, KS, LS, OK.
- Responsible for account relationship development and for maintaining existing
a high level of understanding of the decision making process within all major
- Build relationships with key decision makers at targeted accounts and maintain
which involves: customer intimacy, providing product updates, communicating and
- Taking owner ship and managing client relationships during pre sales closing
advocating the client’s service needs internally, monitoring and bench marking
customer problems with delivery and quality.
- Collaborate with the rest of the organization to investigate and resolve
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc. Degree (i.e. Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, etc.)
- Valid driver´s license and clean driving record required
- Understanding of the business segment and economic drivers
- 2+ years of successful field sales experience in Life Science field.
- Analytical ability to understand trends and dissect industry data in academia
- Excellent time management, territory management & presentation skills
- Forecasting and sales pipeline management via SFDC
- Scientific understanding of DNA Sequencing, sample preparation and data
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position
description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic,
and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online
at theURL below or at www.beckmancoulter.com. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
Danaher is a diversified technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. Danaher's portfolio is comprised of five reporting segments: Test & Measurement; Environmental; Life Sciences & Diagnostics; Dental; and Industrial Technolog
North America-United States-TX-Houston
Danaher - 2 years ago