The Commercial Sales Development Trainer works directly with the Sales leaders and Marketing at TDS. This position will draw on extensive business sales, telecommunications product and development experience to create, execute and then maintain training and development for our commercial sales employees.
Responsibilities include: meeting with stakeholders to determine business needs in the sales and product skill area; designing sales and product training systems that provide employees with training and development opportunities focused on improving sales skills and results; delivering sales and product courses to various employee populations, assisting with sales skills coaching; and measuring training and development activities against business results.
- Training Delivery: Facilitate sales and product training programs for the Consumer and Commercial Sales organizations. Delivery methods include face to face and synchronous on-line instruction.
- Instructional Design & Maintenance: Design and develop sales and product training programs as required by strategy, business need and/or stakeholder requests. Design will include programs delivered through web-based, self-paced, face to face and synchronous online training.
- Evaluation, Measurement and Reporting: Evaluate the effectiveness of sales and product training & development at TDS. Share results and make recommendations for future enhancements to training programs and/or the training strategy.
- Project Management: Coordinate and manage sales and product training projects. Negotiate project scope and timeline with stakeholders, assemble a project team, manage project resources, deliver on project plan and measure and report on project results.
- Coaching: Follow up and coach trainees and their managers on training content and skill development in order to achieve business results.
- Strategy Development: Design, develop and communicate a structured training and development strategy for frontline Consumer Advisors, Commercial Account Executives, Account Managers and other sales employees at TDS.
- Up to 20% travel may be required of this position at peak times.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher or 4+ years professional work experience
- 2+ years Outside Sales business to business selling experience with proven results.
- 1+ year providing 'training' support to sales professionals. This may include: coaching, managing, mentoring, training, or developing procedure documentation.
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license
- 2+ years in a telecommunications technical role in a competitive environment
- Experience managing, coaching, mentoring and/or training sales professionals
- Experience writing training, procedural or other 'how-to' documentation
- Experience in project management, multi-tasking, and time management
- Ability to present to small and large groups and get results
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint
As a part of your total compensation, TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Eligible Immediately
Paid Time Off:
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K Eligible Immediately, Pension, Employee Stock Plan, and Flexible Spending Accounts
Education Assistance, Telephone and Internet Concessions
Employment at TDS is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EEO/AAP Employer.
TDS - 15 months ago
TDS Telecommunications Corp. (TDS®) is the seventh largest local exchange telephone company in the U.S. Headquartered in Madison, Wis....