The Sales Engineer (SE) is responsible for providing all the necessary pre - sales engineering support to design and price technology (Voice / Data) product solutions for business customers. The (SE) will impact the direct sales organization in an effort to drive new high margin custom applications through all sales channels plus drive new revenue and maintain existing revenue. In addition this role serves as the gateway for market intelligence on changing customer requirements for new technology and products. This position works in conjunction with the engineering and operations departments to deliver Frontier products and services seamlessly to our customer base. The (SE) is often a key contributor to the overall value proposition presented to the customer.
SCOPE of JOB:
Through a strong team effort the (SE) will contribute to total company revenues by being knowledgeable on all product offerings, sales experience and the capacity to assess applications and develop the most appropriate solution. The (SE) aides in the presentation of the solution in a credible manner that helps close the opportunity. The (SE) will interface across the company.
This role's success is measured and compensated through a team approach. They are measured on the success of the direct sales team to meet or exceed quotes and Net Incremental Revenue Growth (NIRG) revenue. Insuring that the proper applications and products are executed in a timely fashion also is expected in order to drive customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide pre-sale engineering support. To craft custom network solutions to the desktop, focused on application selling to drive new revenue objectives in a consultative sales team approach.
- Provide pricing components that make up the network solution.
- Provide post-sale project management support to the sales team and customer base for delivery of products and integrated services solutions.
- Work closely with customers, vendors, operations and engineering departments on implementation and coordination issues of job packages.
- Assist in training initiatives as required on new technologies, processes and company procedures that affect service delivery groups within Frontier.
- Customer presentations of designed solutions.
- Stay current on all existing and new products.
- Assist product marketing with new product development and rollout.
The (SE) must have a minimum of 5+ years experience in voice/data/video communication services and 8+ years of engineering / technical account management. An in depth knowledge of WAN/LAN/CPE technologies and a thorough knowledge of IP based networks and router concepts. Most poses a solid understanding of Centrex/ISDN/Voice Mail/Data Networking/Frame Relay/VPN's/Internet and ATM technologies. A developing understanding of emerging technologies such as Wireless, SONET/WDM, SIP Trunking and Voice Over IP.
A bachelor's degree is required or significant experience in lieu of a degree.
Other qualifications should include:
- Work comfortable in and with a sales environment.
- Good customer relationship building experience.
- Excellent rapport building skills.
- Goal and results driven.
- Always follows through and completes tasks on time.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Consultative approach to providing customer solutions and designed order implementation.
- Knowledge of PC based applications.
- Project management ability in a technical and multi-product environment.
Frontier Communications - 13 months ago
Serving city dwellers and country folk alike, Frontier Communications provides phone, Internet, and satellite TV (through a partnership with...