The Sales Manager is responsible for using independent judgment and professional discretion to book substantial, profitable business into the conference center, taking into consideration the needs of the conference center as well as those of the client. This position must be able to take the general pricing guidelines and booking patterns into consideration and make sound business decisions that will positively impact the hotel's revenue.
This position is responsible for:
- Selling group rooms, servicing accounts, developing and following up on leads for assigned markets.
- Conduct effective sales programs in established group room markets by setting and achieving goals.
- Achieves sales goals.
- Develops and implements new/special market programs when needed.
- Evaluates potential business for existing and new markets.
- Communicates accurate information on in-house groups to help hotel associates service their needs most completely. Maintains daily contact with in-house groups.
- Anticipates (or reacts to) group problems and provides solutions.
- Maintains effective communication, with all necessary contacts, regarding group business, reports of conventions, copies of correspondence and memos.
- Develops and maintains owner relations, as it relates to business opportunities.
- Prepares specialized reports, as needed.
- Understands forecasting month end reports, assists in compiling reports when needed.
- Keeps abreast of budgeted revenue goals and assists in putting together plans and actions or originates and generates business when needed.
- Ensures that all guest checks, payments, master folios and advanced deposits are submitted to accounting; ensures that any other group information, which is necessary and/or helpgul for successful convention business, is submitted to appropriate departments.
- Understands and works closely with Reservations Department to ensure target ceilings and rates are met.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote property.
- Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, hotel and company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED plus one to two years experience in hotel; or
- Any equivalent combination of educaiton and experience which provides the above knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Hotel experience preferred.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts - 19 months ago