U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance.
· Provides high level subject matter expertise for work described in the task.
· Provides advanced technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environment, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, training, and implementation advice on complex problems, which require doctorate level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
· Participates as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing, integration, documentation, training, and presentation phases.
· Applies principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific task order requirements.
• General administration of SAN storage arrays (EMC Symmetrix, Clariion and NetApp FAS series).
• Experience and knowledge of storage hardware and software in Unix/Linux and Windows environments.
• Design, architect, and implement storage in a UNIX/Linux and Wintel EMC SAN environment (disk layout, , RAID levels, etc.) to ensuring storage performance and data availability
• Perform capacity planning and assist with storage forecasting.
• Provision storage using EMC Control Center, Unisphere, and Navisphere and assist in server configurations.
• Experience with replication solutions using asynchronous SRDF, RecoverPoint and SnapMirror.
• Work with other engineers (UNIX, Windows, networking, etc.) and operations staff responsible for the hardware, software, and processes that support storage subsystems, and data backup & recovery processes.
• Work off hours when required to perform maintenance activities, system upgrades and data migrations.
• Conduct complex error testing and integration testing to qualify hardware components and hardware systems.
• Oversees appropriate level software installations and upgrades and related software packages.
• Participates in defining the specific components of the information system solution and the resulting relationships to ensure alignment with the overall system; ensures solutions are flexible in order to support ongoing development, maintenance, and future enhancements.
• Works in conjunction with clients to eliminate gaps and inconsistencies in the initial information system architectures to ensure that solution meets client needs and to develop relationships with clients.Oversees project(s) from a technical perspective to avoid duplication of efforts in solving the same application problem within different projects.
• Effective organizational, writing, and communication skills.
o Participates in identifying business requirements; ensures delivered information solutions meet performance engineering expectations.
o Recommends program/project release schedules based on knowledge of software development life cycle; delivers functionality and ensures the integrity of the overall system.
o The candidate will be required to create Requests for Change (RFC’s) and defend the proposed solutions impact to the TSA configuration control board (CCB).
o Develops and implements guidelines for deployment of product.
o Performs document reviews to ensure effective and non-abusive environment changes and demonstrates ability to escalate needs when necessary.
o Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure that documentation is current.
o Reviews literature, and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology.
o Prepares reports and/or recommendations regarding new technology to appropriate personnel.
o Develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
Intelligent Decisions - 11 months ago
Since 1988, Intelligent Decisions (ID) has been developing innovative IT solutions to solve the most challenging requirements of our client,...