The Storage Engineer will be responsible for the design and management of a large scale global storage infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have extensive hands-on technical expertise with provisioning, maintaining, and configuring HP/3PAR arrays, NetApp filers, and Brocade fiber switches. This position is primarily responsible for the company’s high-capacity SAN/NAS storage environment in multiple locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, design, upgrade and maintain storage infrastructure, provision storage, data replication and snapshots in a multiprotocol heterogeneous environment.
- Be able to effectively troubleshoot storage availability, connectivity and performance issues from the file system through to the physical drive.
- Recommend and perform maintenance and code upgrades of all storage devices and associated software.
- Produce metrics for Senior Management in order to gauge the effectiveness of the group.
- Create standards and procedures governing the install, configuration and operational handoff of all storage devices.
- Assist with the continuous analysis of the team’s processes to drive efficiencies.
- Research, recommend, and implement additional systems or services.
- Develop and maintain concise process documentation related to responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of direct experience with HP/3PAR, NetApp, and Brocade devices.
- 3+ years of experience provisioning for Windows and Linux (Redhat/CentOS) servers.
- Knowledge of database fundamentals related to SQL Server and MySql.
- The ability to design a SAN Fabric.
- Knowledge of CIFS, NFS and Virtual platforms (VMWare).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation capabilities.
- Knowledge of EMC and Dell/Compellent storage systems a plus
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific Media - 19 months ago