Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Description of position
The SAP Basis Administrator’s role is to monitor and operate the organization’s SAP systems through implementation best practices. This includes installing, configuring, patching, upgrading, and maintaining the company’s investments in proprietary SAP technologies.
Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Ensure SAP deployment enhances operating systems, networks, telecommunications, or other areas where it is deployed.
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy SAP applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Strong communication skills, works in a team environment.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of SAP software programs and applications.
- Contribute technically to team objectives and integrate new technology into the team.
- Work with Costco Infrastructure and Networking teams to provide support for both current and future SAP landscapes.
- Responsible for continued personal growth in the areas of technology, business knowledge, and Costco policies and platforms.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Experience with installing, maintaining and administering complete SAP Landscape which include EP, PI, CRM, BW, ECC, GRC and Solution Manager.
- Experience with SAP JAVA Stack.
- Collaborate with Functional and Technical Teams.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Experience with installing Support Packs and Enhancement Packs.
- Experience with STMS configuration.
- Implement single sign-on (SSO) solution for portal, backend (R/3 and BI) systems, and Business Objects enterprise.
- Configure and maintain SLD, SOA, XI adapters, and CTS+ for systems based on dual stack.
- Provide technical administration of multi-landscape environments through client copies, system refreshes of both ABAP and Java stacks, and transport management.
- Provide direction for the application team in support of SAP operations.
- Experience with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Technically fluent with Oracle databases.
- Experience with Oracle Cluster and SAP HA solution.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with design specifications, program logic, and data conversions.
- Ability to monitor and manage the progress of tasks.
- Basic knowledge of business systems environment.
- Good understanding of corporate IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Knowledge of Service Level Commitments.
- Basic networking skills.
- Decision-making skills.
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- At least five years direct experience administrating SAP modules such as; EP, PI, CRM, BW, ECC, Solution Manager and GRC.
- At least one full cycle SAP implementation.
- Knowledge of enterprise-level applications including ERP.
- Deep technical knowledge of the relevant part(s) of the infrastructure and operating environment.
Costco Wholesale - 17 months ago
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...