Rimini Street delivers proven exceptional value in third-party support for enterprise software. The innovative, ultra-responsive support program allows Oracle and SAP licensees to save at least 50 percent in annual support fees, and to receive premium services that are not part of standard vendor support.
Hundreds of global, Fortune 500, mid-market, and public sector organizations from virtually all industries depend on Rimini Street as their trusted, expert, independent provider of support, so they can apply more of their IT budgets to strategic business enterprise software initiatives.
The role of the SAP Basis Support Engineer is to provide exceptional remote-based for mission-critical SAP applications. The position entails support with responsibility for monitoring, research, troubleshooting and support of BASIS kernel, configuration issues, applications, etc. The role of the SAP Basis Support Engineer will also require the expertise and skills in order to replicate serious issues; then develop, test, package and deliver fixes for such issues in complex and highly-configured environments.
Job requirements include expertise with SAP ECC 6.0 and below version experience, including full life-cycle implementation experience and Basis administration. Expertise in both the Abap and Java Stacks. The best candidates will have knowledge of multiple operation system and database combinations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide remote-based SAP Basis administration support.
- Expertise in Enterprise Portals Administration including Security, Visual Administrator, Config tool, and production support activities.
- Working knowledge of NWDI, SLD, Adobe Document services, SSO, SSL, Visual Composer, BexWeb
- JVM performance monitoring and tuning.
- Knowledge with Java code/Applications.
- Develop strong support-based relationships with our clients
- System monitoring of client SAP systems
- System Error logs monitoring for Application, Database, Operating System
- System Performance monitoring.
- SAP Application environment
- SAP System Backup and recovery.
- Change and Transport System management. Configuration, execution and monitoring.
- Client maintenance (client copies and refreshes)
- Installations of OSS Notes / Fixes and support packs. Expert knowledge in Support Pack stacks.
- Performance Tuning of application and database
- Solution Manager Landscape Management and performance monitoring.
- Configuring and maintaining service level reporting, Alert management, system management.
- Output Management. Configuration, Testing, and troubleshooting
- Complete understanding of adm and Ora users and functionality and the tools available to both users
- Located on the East Coast of the United States
- Expertise in SAP Netweaver stack
- 10 years relevant experience as a Basis Support Administrator.
- At least two complete SAP implementations.
- Experience in supporting complex SAP environments in 24/7 operations.
- Experience troubleshooting third party products that interface with SAP landscape.
- Basis administration experience with Portal BI, PI, SEM, CRM
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Global SAP implementations a plus.
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science