Description Position will be responsible for SAP BASIS Administration. Responsible for initial deployment of BASIS components, as well as long term support of Devon's SAP Landscape. Position will work with various business and technical teams to maintain SAP system availability and stability, participates in problem-solving, monitoring/resolving technical incidents, researching and implementing best practice methods and participating in 24/7 on-call rotations.
- Install, configure, and administer SAP BASIS Components
- Perform SAP Software Lifecycle Management - includes installations, upgrades, enhancement packages, support stack/package application
- SAP Change and Transport Logistics
- SAP Client and Landscape Management
- Support, Configure, and maintain highly available systems
- SAP System Performance Monitoring and Optimization for both ABAP and Java Stacks
- Support environments that include: ECC, HCM, SRM, Enterprise Portal, eSourcing, Business Warehouse and Process Integration
- Interfacing with members of Architecture, Infrastructure and Business Facing groups within the BI&T department in providing excellent customer servicer and delivery of the SAP Platform
- 5+ years experience BASIS Support , SAP Basis Certified preferred
- Strong technical skills in SAP Installations, Upgrades, and System copy, SAP performance tuning, , Applying Patches, Backup and Restore, etc.
- Experience with SAP Infrastructure
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems or related fields
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as a Team player
- The ability to work with minimal to no daily supervision
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Oil and Gas industry experience preferred
- Open attitude towards and ability to learn and utilize new technologies
Devon Energy Corporation - 15 months ago
Independent oil and gas producer Devon Energy puts its energy into oil and gas fields far from England's southwestern coast, in North...