TITLE: SAP BASIS ADMINISTRATOR
LOCATION: MASSMUTUAL – 1295 State Street
COMPANY MASSMUTUAL FINANCIAL GROUP
Chartered in 1851, Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (“MassMutual” or the “Company”) is a leading mutual life insurance company that is run for the benefit of its members and participating policyholders. The Company has a long history of financial strength and strong performance, paying dividends to eligible participating policyholders every year since the 1860s. MassMutual is headquartered in Springfield, Massachusetts and its major subsidiaries include OppenheimerFunds, Inc., Babson Capital Management LLC, Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers LLC, Baring Asset Management Limited and First Mercantile Trust Company.
MassMutual Financial Group (“MMFG”) is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company and its affiliated companies and sales representatives. MMFG is a global, diversified financial services organization providing life insurance, disability income insurance, long term care insurance, retirement/401(k) plan services, annuities, investment management, mutual funds and trust services to individual and institutional investors. With whole life insurance as its foundation, the company’s strong and growing network of financial professionals helps clients make good financial decisions for the long-term. MassMutual, or its subsidiaries, also have operations in Asia, Europe and Latin America.
MassMutual has maintained some of the highest financial strength ratings in any industry, and is committed to maintaining a position of preeminent financial strength by achieving consistent, long-term profitable growth. In total, MassMutual worldwide insurance in-force was $532 billion at the end of 2009, and assets under management were $420 billion. Premium and other deposits totaled $27 billion for 2009. MassMutual is ranked 93 on the Fortune 500 list and was also named one of Fortunes “Most Admired” companies.
Enterprise Solutions Delivery supports the company’s financial, procurement, corporate services, law, compliance, and human resource application systems, as well as MassMutual’s Web portals for both customers and employee users.
Build, maintain, and modify the central basis network and infrastructure for SAP operability, including base SAP client and IMG set-ups. Support the design/construction and implementation phases of a system and/or upgrade project. Recommend improvements to strategy, application usage, or process, applying knowledge of the business processes in various functional areas. May take on several components of a project or a complex component of a project. Effectively contributes toward team goals. Influence at work group/ customer/user level. Work beyond routine nature of tasks utilizing a specialized knowledge and technology. Work under broad supervision. Troubleshoot basic problems and recommends appropriate action.
Job Responsibilities & REQUIREMENTS:
- Handles projects or work with defined scope in own discipline and typically has a short-term focus
- Works with guidance on small-scale team/unit projects
- Solves problems in own specialty area
- Makes worthwhile improvements to existing programs, and procedures
- Makes practical suggestions for improving work processes in own area
- Works for consensus and contributes to achievement of work group goals
- Individual typically has at least 2-5 years of related experience
- Coordinate and/or perform technical tasks related to on-going operations and development projects including monitoring and structured trouble-shooting.
- Ensure enterprise, department, and SAP best practices are being followed, high quality documentation is completed, and there is adherence to change management best practices.
- Proactively identify knowledge gaps and problem areas and get involved early to rectify these problems.
- Serve as support for problem escalation prior to engaging SAP Global Support.
- Develop specifications including technical writing and diagrams; develop test strategies.
- Implement continuous improvement processes and techniques.
- Support Enterprise Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and High Availability platforms.
- Liaise with partner teams including infrastructure support and information security for systems support.
- Liaise with SAP functional teams (FI, HR, BI, ABAP, PI, and Portal) for technical support.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
§ Focus on the Customer . Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency.
§ Act with Integrity : Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards, adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies
§ Value People . Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences.
§ Work Collaboratively . Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources
§ Achieve Results . Focus on winning; consistently exceeds expectations, beat the competition.
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
If you would like to apply to this position please click on the URL and enter the job post number nc50482228 using the “Keyword Search” function.
In addition, if you would like to learn more about MassMutual, please visit www.massmutual.com .
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer M/F/D/V. We welcome all persons to apply.
If you feel you need an accommodation to apply for one of our open positions, please contact us at (413) 744-6825.
MassMutual's business structure is built to support its mutual ownership. MassMutualâ€™s strategic investments in...