GROM's client seeks a full-time permanent SAP Basis Infrastructure Architect.
The SAP Basis Architect position is responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership in running the firms SAP environment. They will provide guidance and have a high level of knowledge across many of the SAP products used by the firm including: ECC 6.0, CRM 7.0, SAP PI, SAP Solution Manager, SAP NetWeaver, and SAP BOBJ Data Services (BODS).
The successful candidate with assume responsibility for achieving expected outcomes related to overall SAP architecture and optimizing client's investment from a technical landscape. In addition, they will serve as a representative of the SAP technical team to review new initiatives and provide architecture guidance and decisions regarding the viability of software components, design, and operationalize the SAP landscape to optimize platform stability and enhance efficiencies supporting operations, and participate in establishing and maintaining standards.
The position will execute project and technical activities and inform project managers of project related objectives, processes, events, issues, statuses, and results. The position also develops the topology, identifies the infrastructure needed, and creates linkages and is responsible for system performance tuning and database administration along with advanced problem solving and technical support. The position provides general monitoring, support and maintenance tasks for existing SAP systems. This includes building, maintaining, and modifying central basis network and infrastructure of SAP.
The SAP Basis Infrastructure Architect is responsible for installing SAP products, monitoring and maintaining those products, upgrading and providing enhancements as required, participating in troubleshooting of SAP issues, and general performance, stability, availability and recoverability of the SAP systems. This position will work along with other Infrastructure team members to complete assignments related to all facets of SAP support. These tasks will include troubleshooting SAP problems, monitoring and configuring SAP systems for optimal performance, assisting in maintenance and release cycle tasks, and working with other teams to complete tasks as needed for various projects. This position will take a lead role in multiple technological areas that are common across Avon's SAP landscape.
Project is focusing on trying to drive SAP application footprint in a virtualized platform/technology (candidate with this experience is ideal). Candidate must be technical - knowing SAP and knowing how it runs in a virtualized fashion.
Successful Candidate will have the following job experience:
- Participate and lead SAP projects including infrastructure development, operational projects, and customer focused projects.
- Provide SAP Architectural advice and design consulting during a project's lifecycle.
- Provide technical leadership in complex SAP landscapes.
- Install, upgrade, and patch SAP products as required.
- Responsible for the SAP technical strategy, guidelines and blueprints to effectively create and promote consistent infrastructure designs, architecture frameworks and linkage to processes, technology roadmaps and emerging technology trends.
- Develop and maintain policies, standards, and best practices for all infrastructure matters related to SAP Architecture.
- Work with other teams to interface with SAP systems to the existing infrastructure and network.
- Provide a stable, secure and recoverable environment for all SAP products.
- Expertise with SAP application and infrastructure architectures, SAN, platform technologies including Windows, UNIX, Linux, and VMware virtualization solutions for SAP.
- Expertise with network solutions required to support SAP application architectures, such as load balancers, reverse proxy servers, and SAP web dispatchers
- Experienced in SAP Virtualization, High Availability Design, and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Prior experience in large global Business Transformation project involving SAP technology selection for implementation with eCommerce and Mobile applications.
- Demonstrated experience with SAP platform strategies
- Demonstrated experience with SAP landscape and infrastructure optimization
- Experience in post-production support tools and methodologies (Disaster Recovery, Backup/restore, job scheduling, software/hardware monitoring) Demonstrated ability to present and articulate issues and solutions to Senior Management.
- Demonstrated experience with project management methodologies and tools
- SAP virtualized platform--how it runs in a virtualized platform
- IT services--backup and recovery
- Key actions, outputs, deliverables, products and/or services performed by this position include:
- SAP Installations
- SAP Upgrades
- Advanced research and resolution of issues
- Performance Tuning
- SAP Integration to other SAP and non-SAP systems (BOBJ Data services desired)
- Database monitoring and troubleshooting
- Client copies, systems copies, instance refreshes
- Backups and restores
- Monitoring and Tuning of SAP systems
- Patch Administration
- Transport Management
- Third party product installations
- SAP OSS research
- Disaster recovery, planning and testing
- Database migrations and reorganizations
- Advanced Oracle knowledge included, but not limited to restore and recovery, parameter settings, SQL scripting
- Must be advanced with JAVA Stack knowledge
Knowledge and experience requirements:
- Communication of project related objectives
- Meeting project deliverables
- Customer interface for projects
- Drive business and technical change
- Participation in capacity planning conversations and efforts
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Business Information Systems, or Electrical Engineering desired.
- 7-10 years of SAP work experience is required with a focus on ECC (Order Management, Financials, WMS, and Business Warehouse), CRM, XI/PI, SAP BOBJ Data Services and Solution Manager. Candidate must have a deep understanding of the SAP architecture to ensure technical designs will meet Service Level requirements.
- Ability to work with multiple vendors, systems integrators and make key decisions for firms best interest.
- 4-6 years of work experience as a SAP Basis Architect with demonstrated experience related to the toolset assessments to maximize efficiencies and investments, strategy and operationalization of scaling, and blending new toolsets to maintain a viable SAP platform across the enterprise.
- 5-7 years of SAP Basis Administration work experience
- 7-10 years of related technical and business systems design experience demonstrable strength in analysis, design, and architecture. Managerial background is a plus.
- 7-10 years of expertise with SAP application and infrastructure architectures, SAN, platform technologies including Windows, UNIX, Linux, and VMware virtualization solutions for SAP.
- 3+ years of work experience with Oracle database skills
- 3+ years of work experience supporting Web/Internet technologies
- Working experience with SAP monitoring techniques and tools
- Proven ability to lead technical projects
- Ability to train and mentor team members
- Good Communications skills, highly engaging and collaborative with an outgoing disposition to get involved and lead efforts and meetings. Strong verbal and written skills are required.
- Must be able to lead meetings, participate in presentations and make key decisions and recommendations.
Grom - 16 months ago