ROLE: SAP Basis Manager
This position will manage and Basis team support of current and future SAP related client projects and will collaborate and coordinate closely with the both client and internal infrastructure teams to deliver a stable, highly available business systems. Specific duties include developing and implementing measures to ensure high availability for SAP and related systems; fully documenting and standardizing operational procedures with appropriate controls to ensure operational stability; and facilitate infrastructure activities in support of ongoing SAP release and deployment projects.
This is accomplished through extensive knowledge of IT Basis technology, an open yet results-oriented program and project management approach, and the ability to effectively work with geographically dispersed virtual teams and IT leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Plans, directs, and manages a team of 5 - 10 employees and contractors in support of the overall Basis activities.
• Accountable for the performance of subordinates or the work output of managed subcontractors. Assigns personnel to various operations and schedules their activities; reviews and evaluates their work and prepares performance reports. Maintains positive working environment with a strong customer focus.
• Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status. Develops project implementation schedules and resources. Prepares integration plans. Prepares activity and progress reports for server
• Responsible for implementing programs and policies to achieve specific technical delivery goals. Sets goals, ensures that they are met and is responsible for continuous process improvement. Uses best business practices to ensure success in areas of responsibility.
• Communicates with other information technology sections to coordinate support and project activity.
• Assists in managing the budget and billing.
• Works with other members of the SAP team to determine requirements necessary to meet project goals.
• Works collaboratively with various members of the team and other Infrastructure resources in support of the client. This includes:
• Coordinating other resources.
• Designing or participating in the design of key areas such as high availability, disaster recovery and systems management.
• Conducts special analyses and projects as required. Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
• Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise.
• Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence. Identifies and resolve business issues; escalate issues when appropriate.
Virtustream (www.virtustream.com ) is a leading enterprise cloud software and services provider. The company's secure high-performance cloud platform, xStream, enables hybrid cloud deployments, supports multiple hypervisors, and is the industry's first to offer a sub-virtual machine pricing model that is truly consumption-based. Virtustream’s team comprises of architects, engineers and
developers with deep expertise in cloud migration strategies, cloud platform deployment, enterprise application management and advanced data center technologies.
We lead our suite of offerings with our Cloud Advisory Services providing expertise in the areas of cloud adoption, architecture strategy, migration roadmaps and ntegration services. Depending on your requirements, our xStream Cloud Platform can deliver private, multi-tenant or hybrid cloud alternatives, all managed within a ingle pane of glass. We then maximize your business’s productivity with Cloud Cover , a set of managed services tuned to optimize the way your applications run in a cloud. Since we recognize that “one size does not fit all”, we also provide Cloud Staging & Network Services geared towards colocating physical assets running workloads deemed unsuitable for the cloud yet needing to interact heavily with applications that are running in it. This allows your organization to adapt at its own pace while ensuring integrity, security and performance throughout the transformation.
Virtustream owns and operates its own data centers in the U.S. and U.K., and has offices in Washington, D.C., New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, London, Dublin and the Channel Islands.
Virtustream offers competitive pay and a generous benefit package to all of our full time employees. Benefits are effective the first day of the following month of employment for full time employees and include medical, dental and vision plans paid by the company for the employee, 401K, life insurance, STD/LTD and vacation & holiday pay.
Virtustream is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Virtustream not to discriminate in hiring and employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS:
CORE REQUIRED SKILLS:
ADDITIONA PREFERRED SKILLS:
- SQL Server 2005-2008
- Windows 2003-2008
OVERALL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
- Strong Basis XI/PI experience
- DB2 (bonus) nice but not required
- Familiarity with SAP on VmWare
Four-year degree with a Business Administration or MIS focus (or equivalent)
8+ years IT experience including 4+ years managing Basis, IT Infrastructure, IT Network, or IT Operations:
• Proven program and project management, ITIL, and continuous improvement implementations.
• Experience establishing policies, product and operating standards.
• Experience establishing SLAs, negotiating and managing both in-sourced and out-sourced IT services.
• Successful IT support of diverse global sites and end-users.
• Experience effectively building virtual IT teams and driving towards results.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a world-class Basis organization to support a global, 24x7 SAP environment.
• Demonstrated architecture and design expertise with enterprise server and storage networking projects in support of SAP in large-scale environments.
• Experience working as part of a team to provide the optimal solution for both business needs and project standards.
• Experience estimating effort and resources required for projects and working with project managers to structure projects.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills; ability to build strong formal and informal relationships.
• Capable of collaborating and leading across distributed organizations.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to transition smoothly between technical and business vernacular, tailoring communications to the audience.
• Able to work in ambiguous situations/environments; demonstrated ability to break down problems into constituent parts and develop and drive plans for resolution.
Virtustream Inc. - 30+ days ago