IT SAP Business Analyst - PLM
Information Technology | Hayward, CA, United States
• Develop strong partnerships with the Master Data, Engineering/Maintenance and Purchasing departmentsin order to understand the strategic direction, business processes and business needs of the business areas and recommend processes and/or functionality in SAP that can be used to meet the requirements.
• Design, develop, test and implement appropriate system configurations within primary modules of responsibility, specifically Materials Management (MM), Engineering Change Management (ECM), and Plant Maintenance (PM), to effectively meet business requirements.
• Prepare detailed design documents, functional specifications for development activities including reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, and forms. Follow all internal standards and change control procedures in performing required work.
• Perform testing activities (unit, conference room pilots, integration and user acceptance testing), including test plan creation and data and test execution (in conjunction with the other functional team leads). Promote transports to quality assurance and production.
• Prepare training materials and perform end-user training for newly implemented functionalities and enhancements.
• Provide production support for the SAP MM, and PMapplication modules.
• Work with others in the SAP environment in learning / mentoring situations.
• Proactively participate in the integration between related SAP functions from an application perspective with other Business System Analysts.
• Facilitate knowledge transfer, communication, and interaction between various functional organizations and the Information Technology department.
• Ensure projects are completed accurately, on time, and follow the appropriate compliance guidelines such as Sarbanes Oxley and FDA 21 CFR Part 11.
• Be a positive and proactive change agent for implementing new SAP based business processes.
• Drive problem investigation and resolution as required.
• Meet agreed upon service levels.
• Provides customers with a professional experience when requesting IT support.
• Work collaboratively with other IT organizations and effectively leverage shared resources.
• Follow IT project management methodology.
• Follows IT best practices methodologies (ITIL, CoBIT).
• Stay informed about IT technology trends, directions and uses in the life science industry.
• Ensure compliance with FDA regulations related to IT infrastructure.
• Ensure compliance with SOX controls by all technical staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline.
• 8+ years extensive configuration experience in MM, and PM modules required in SAP R/3, including ECC 6.x.
• Extensive configuration and system design experience in primary module of responsibility (MM (including ECM, DMS, Purchasing) and PM required.
• Strong functional knowledge of cross functional business processes including engineering change management, quality management, and plant maintenance a must.
• Knowledge of entire SAP landscape for supported processes.
• Experience in multiple SAP implementations preferred (at least three successful, full life cycle implementations required (preferably in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment).
• Project management or team lead experience required.
• Experience working with 3rd party solutions specific to the area of expertise.
• Basic understanding of ABAP programming with debugging skills. Must have very good knowledge of working with user exits.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms required.
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively on cross-functional project teams required.
• Proven ability to translate business requirements into solutions that map to technology capabilities.
• Some travel required – less than 10%.
• Experience within a manufacturing environment regulated by the FDA.
• Experience with computer systems’ validation.
• SAP certification.
Impax Laboratories is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Ab Ovo, Inc. - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard