GROM's client seeks a Senior Business Intelligence Architect. This role will be responsible for business intelligence, reporting strategy, and architecture for the global organization. This person should have a minimum of eight years of IT experience designing and developing SAP BI/BW and Business Objects solutions, as well as similar and proven experience within non-SAP environments. The overall architecture of data and reporting solutions ensuring the internal and external reporting needs of the client are met in an effective and efficient manner. This position will collaborate with internal and external staff to understand requirements and drive appropriate architecture and design, including the development, testing, and implementation required to prove and substantiate architecture and design.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Responsible for the overall SAP BI/BW solution architecture spanning multiple SAP modules, applications, and reporting tools as well as the integration of multiple heterogeneous data sources and systems.
- Formulate and deliver the Business Warehouse architecture and data model for future data/reporting landscape.
- Define data quality standards and processes for firms global data. Develop the information consumption strategy for the global data platform. Develop and maintain future state diagrams that incorporate selected software.
- Define BI architecture road maps driven by project initiatives.
- Develop, maintain and ensure adherence to standards for reporting and analysis tools and their appropriate application.
- Define and build prototypes to evaluate reporting scenarios.
- Help ensure proper sizing and system performance engineering for the finance BI architecture and data platform.
- Provide recommendations, options and pros/cons on potential changes to SAP/BW implementation scope and functional solutions.
- Provide direction to development teams for solution realization, and participate as necessary in coding, testing, documentation and maintenance activities.
- As required, create status reports and give accurate input in tracking project issues and risks.
- Communicate effectively with business personnel to gather requirements, provide recommendations, train users on BW tools, report operation, etc.
- Develop and/or identify costs as necessary for successful delivery
- Coordinate and work with vendors associated with projects under your leadership
- Act as a liaison between the business, outsource providers and IT communities
- Provide reporting of project or activity status to both IT and business management teams
Experience/Education/Required/Sought: (BS degree)
- Possess Subject Matter Expertise on SAP landscapes and related architecture in SAP BI/BW and Business Objects. Excellent knowledge of multi system landscape architecture and integration aspects between heterogeneous system technologies and SAP BI/BW. Experience with a variety of technologies/approaches with packaged application integration, work-flow, EAI.
- Strong ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to translate business issues/ requirements and objectives into solutions
- Ability to work directly with project teams to analyze and document business requirements and develop functional specifications.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills are essential. Effective organizational, influence skills and ability to function in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to operate within complex programs that incorporate several elements – inter-dependencies within multiple work streams, inter-dependencies external to the project, significant business user involvement, international scope, etc.
- Ability to achieve results through influence over external and internal staff who are direct reports as well as those who are not
- Ability to develop and apply new skills/techniques to business needs
- Ability to work effectively with third parties (internal and external)
- Eight or more years of IT experience providing architecture, design and development for SAP BW solutions. •Five or more years IT experience providing architecture, design and development for non-SAP BI technologies and solutions.
- Three or more years IT experience providing architecture, design and development for Business Objects solutions.
- Five years of experience in IT in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in supporting business objectives in a partnered/outsourced model for manufacturing organizations
- Hands on programming and report development experience
- Prior financial, supply chain, and sales reporting experience
Since 1982, GROM has delivered the right business solutions to meet our customers' enterprise application challenges - with proven expertise...