We are a team of more than 28,000 employees working together to maintain our reputation as "The Thoroughbred of Transportation". As an industry leader, Norfolk Southern offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Work Conditions: Job Description: Norfolk Southern Corporation is seeking resumes for a SAP BW Developer. The BW Developer position is responsible for design, development, implementation and support of SAP Business Intelligence (BI) / Business Warehouse (BW). BOBJ experience would be a plus. BPC / BW Integration expertise would be a plus.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience using a structured System Development Life Cycle
- Strong teamwork and customer support focus
- Ability to handle numerous conflicting priorities in a professional manner
- Team building and problem resolution skills
- At least 5 years experience, 3+ years hands-on integration experience in SAP BI/BW.
- Proficient with BW ABAP (debugging, troubleshooting, coding) required.
- At least 1 SAP BW full lifecycle implementations including data modeling, extractions, data staging, loadings, transformations, and reporting
- Must possess a solid understanding of all facets of SAP BI/BW including data extraction, transformation, loading, complex data modeling, query definition, web application designer, report designer and performance tuning and monitoring
- Working knowledge and understanding of pertinent SAP ERP Modules:
- Record-to-Report - FI/CO, FSCM, SD, GL
- BPC integration with BW expertise would be a plus.
- Experience in requirements gathering and interpretation in a business intelligence environment required
- Knowledge in reporting/analytics: BEx Analyzer, BOBJ tool set including WEBI, Xcelius and Crystal Reports
- Experience in ABAP to write Start Routines, Update/Transfer Rules, user exits
- Thorough understanding of BI/BW security concepts
- Experience with Crystal Reports strongly preferred
Description of Duties:
- Work with others as appropriate to develop SAP BI/BW implementations and related test plans across the organization.
- Participate in efforts to gather requirements analysis for new BI/BW projects.
- Identify security requirements, including creation of new roles and/or addition to existing for a given line of business.
- Work with the user community and Administrators in IT to successfully implement applications.
- Responsible for meeting all assigned/agreed on target dates for projects as well as individual tasks.
- Maintain the design, code, documentation, and testing procedures during the functional lifecycle of the system, after initial implementation, based on input from the user community.
- Performs all SAP component, assembly, and integration testing required and documents the results of all testing in accordance with Program procedures and standards.
- Supports quality reviews and other external evaluation of all SAP BI/BW design, development, and testing efforts.
- Participate in the creation of BI/BW development standards while adhering to policies, methodologies, standards, and guidelines.
Education: 4-yr College Degree preferably in Information Systems or Computer Science.
Norfolk Southern Corp - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Transportation titan Norfolk Southern is the one big train that could. Its main subsidiary, Norfolk Southern Railway, transports freight...