This position reports to the Technical Process Leader for the Smith and Wesson SAP Solution. The SAP ABAP Senior Programmer will apply advanced technical knowledge in the programming, testing, and debugging of SAP modules. Proficiency in SAP ABAP programming is a critical component of the position. SAP ABAP Senior Programmer will be required to perform systems analysis, design, and programming duties involving highly complex computer applications and programs; and provides technical direction to programming personnel on a day-by-day basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Experience preparing program specifications and diagrams, develops coding logic flowcharts. Design systems and programs to meet highly complex business needs.
- Supports project personnel in resolving fairly complex program problems. Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provide technical advice on complex programming.
- Articulate difficult and complex concepts clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, recognize the critical elements of the application problems, develop and evaluate data, determine solutions and make logical recommendations.
- Prepare / Create comprehensive and thorough technical program documentation including specifications, test conditions, test plans, test data, etc. as required by the program and the implementation manager.
- SAP ABAP Programming Tools including Dialog, Report and Transaction creation, Enhancements, Conversion Programs, SAPscript, and Smart Forms
- SAP Object Oriented ABAP
- Adobe Forms, work flow and other toolsets
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Application of OSS ( Online SAP Support) notes
- Develop in multiple functional modules
- Manage data transfers including LSMW, BDC, BAPI, ALE, IDOC
- Develop enhancements to framework including implicit enhancements, BaDIs, and user exits
- SAP ASAP methodology
- SAP guidelines and standards for enhancements and configuration
- Principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, and testing
- Principles of report, screen, and form design
- Stay abreast of new trends in the field of information technology
· Experience, Competencies and Education
- Requires 5-8 years professional experience with SAP developing, coding, testing, debugging, documents, and installs highly complex programs to support SAP applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred.
Smith & Wesson - 18 months ago
Smith & Wesson has built a successful business shooting for the stars. Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (operating through...