Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Description of position
The SAP Configuration Analyst works in the Functional Tower of the SAP Competency Center to develop and maintain the SAP and related systems configuration both in SAP core configuration, transports, development and reporting. The candidate will maintain the configuration and source code in a manner consistent with company policies.
Work collaboratively to deliver exceptional operational support. Assist business staff in developing, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures, and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance.
Comply with all the change control procedures, work instructions and standard operating procedures in support of existing functionality, requested changes and the development of new functionality. Contribute to the maintenance of these procedures including continuous improvement to maintain SAP as a GxP and SOX compliant solution.
Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Configuration of the SAP Financials system including Accounts Payable/Receivable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets and Inventory Management.
- Support I/S Business Analysts with design, development and solution management.
- Lead or participate in requirement sessions by defining and writing specifications, including: configuration, user exit, custom program, report and SAPSCRIPT.
- Gather Functional/Business requirements from users & sponsors.
- Author & communicate business process design (BPD), business systems design (BSD) and system test plans.
- Schedule & perform BSD walk-through with development team.
- Map existing legacy processes into SAP processes.
- Identify gaps in business process mappings.
- Present, discuss and demo SAP Best Practices.
- Support the development team members during detailed design & coding phase.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to conduct functional testing of implemented applications.
- Provide the initial support of SAP applications when moved to production.
- Adhere to team and departmental development standards.
- Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
- Demonstrate a high level of communication skills, verbal and written.
- Mentoring less experienced team members on SAP configuration concepts and tool suite.
- Participate in team activities and team planning in regards to improving team skills, awareness and quality of work.
- Responsible for continued personal growth in the areas of technology, business knowledge, and Costco policies and platforms.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- 2-3 years experience configuring SAP in a professional environment on SAP ERP 6.0.
- Strong knowledge of related business and implementation processes with SAP Finance (FICO).
- Experience with at least 1 full life-cycle implementation project.
- Strong understanding of integration between SAP modules.
- Ability to be proactive and can assume full responsibility of module development activities.
- Self-motivated, Flexible, Openness to learn new things, Strong focus on customer needs.
- Must have the ability to work with limited supervision and exhibit a strong sense of urgency.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners to implement SAP system installation, modification and enhancements.
- Ability to effectively mentor less experienced team members on SAP configuration techniques.
- Experience in successful project implementation and follow-up.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and resolution skills.
- Ability to monitor and manage the progress of tasks.
- Good understanding of corporate IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Good Decision making skills.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends, and perform on-call support as scheduled and as needed.
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States
- General understanding of accounting process.
- Deep knowledge of enterprise-level applications including ERP.
- Team leadership and role-model.
- United States, Canada or Mexico localization experience preferred.
Costco Wholesale - 22 months ago
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...