The Internal Controls Accountant is responsible for developing internal controls globally using best practices. Prepares control matrices, database findings for follow-up and written policies/procedures throughout the company. May assist in preparation of standard and specialized financial reports according to Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures ( GAAP) or other regulatory requirements as needed.
Representative Duties :
- Oversees the completion of internal control projects including planning, assigning, monitoring, reviewing progress and accuracy of work, including evaluation of results and recommendations within written reports to Department Managers and Process Owners.
- Develop and keep up to date on the progress made for any identified gap analyses.
- Provides assistance to other departments as needed for financial accounting and fraud control issues
- Researches technical standards for addition of new or revised controls related to process, business or COSO framework changes including Industry and Audit best practices
- Maintains on-line finance manual of written policies, procedures and SAP job aids for Internal Control assessment processes.
- Annually updates all control matrices throughout the company
- Leads Process Owners in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track, and report financial information in accordance with company policy linking controls to high risk items in the Financial Statements.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of internal controls to meet audit standards and improve efficiency including annual risk assessments for auditors.
- Lead efforts at Segregation of Duties related to system access.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field; CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using skills as a seasoned, experienced professional in the application of US generally accepted accounting principles ( GAAP).
- Knowledge and proven experience with internal control assessments, audit standards and regulations is required. Sarbanes Oxley experience required .
- Has a full understanding of industry practices and/or company policies and procedures.
- Able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data or situations requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions for difficult assignments and of diverse scope.
- Proven Analytical skills
- Proficiency with popular Windows-based computer programs; SAP GL experience preferred.
- Strong time management and organization abilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel internationally
Shure - 13 months ago
Sure, "The King" may have left the building for good, but Shure Incorporated continues to produce microphones that were good...