Title: IT SAP Application Specialist II
Duration: 6 Months
Location: MAPLEWOOD, MN
This position, located in Minnesota will guide the SAP technical design and code development processes for our Source-to-Pay solutions. The incumbent will manage and execute these processes to provide the required artifacts and realization deliverables for global deployment of SAP.
This position requires advanced knowledge of various programming languages, databases, and IT infrastructure as well as the ability to work within cross-functional teams from different businesses and various countries in a complex organization with differences in language, culture and time zones.
- Collaborate with functional leads on design of functional specifications - challenge specs if better solution exists.
- Review and approve technical specifications to ensure adherence to development and document standards.
- Provide initial estimates of effort for design and development. Validate detailed estimates from suppliers.
- Provide oversight during application code development. Ensure adequate unit testing of code.
- Make recommendations to SAP development teams to achieve best practices and high performance.
- Key participant for code reviews. Ensure standards are followed. Document action items and ensure follow through. Provide final approval of code.
- Provide expertise with integration technologies and enforce interface standards.
- Provide technical expertise for resolving escalated application issues. Participate in crisis meetings as necessary.
- Develop detail technical specifications as needed based upon functional specs.
- Perform code development as needed to validate designs and maintain skills.
- Maintain technical knowledge of SAP application components and architecture.
- Direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, and technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 7 years IT professional experience
- Minimum 3 years of recent ABAP development experience with SAP SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) and MM (Materials Management) modules
- Minimum 2 years of recent SNC module experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience with WebDynpro
- Minimum 1 year of experience developing Adobe forms in SAP
- Experience working with co-source/offshore resources on development projects
- Able to work onsite in St Paul Mon – Fri during normal business hours (8am to 5pm). On occasion, may be required to work alternate hours to support project.
- SAP Certified Development Professional – ABAP with SAP NetWeaver 7.0 or later
- Strong technical skills in all areas of the ABAP workbench including: List, interactive, & ALV reporting; BAPIs and BDC scripts; Adobe Forms, SMART Forms, SAP Script; Dialog Programming; User-Exits & Customer Enhancements; Performance Tuning; ABAP Objects; Workflow; Analyzing ABAP logs/dumps; Researching SAP Notes
- Broad development experience with SAP modules – SD, LE, CRM, WM, PP, QM, WM, FI, CO, HCM
- Strong functional knowledge of Source to Pay processes
- Experience with developing interfaces between SAP and non-SAP applications
- Experience with a SAP global implementation project
- Experience working in a regulated environment (SOX, FDA, etc.) subject to compliance controls
- Excellent interpersonal, written and team collaboration skills
- Relationship building skills with counterparts at SAP and other partners
Minimal work direction needed, highly skilled and knowledgeable to the position and provides best practicing sharing within work group. Worker will serve as primary liaison between the business finance community and the IT organization and will be directly responsible for reviewing, revising, designing business processes based upon SAP and industry best practices. Responsible for identifying new systems opportunities, developing and selling the business case for change, defining the new system and process requirements, and managing the solution delivery to the business community. Keys to success in this position are the following: strong knowledge of best practice finance and controlled accounting processes pertaining to discrete manufacturing, exceptional interpersonal skill, business acumen, project management skill, the ability to transform this knowledge and experience into new business processes, and the skill to present and prove a business case.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1993, Baker IT has been a leader in providing technology resources to help our clients gain competitive advantage by employing the...