Title: SAS Administrator
Location: Hartford, CT
Type: Contract to hire (6 months - contract to hire – they will consider direct hire for the right candidate. The process would start with a 20 to 30 minute phone interview; it can’t anyone hurt to have a conversation.)
Pay Rate: Negotiable. Client wants to know current compensation and desired comp (hourly rate, or base plus bonus if applicable).
This is an on-site position and you must be able to work as our W2 hourly consultant or on a 1099 basis only, no 3rd party agencies please.
Collaborate with Operational Support team to provide tier one platform/software support to the Travelers world class analytic teams.
- Design and engineer new technical capabilities in the area of enterprise analytics.
- Involvement in Vendor management, coordination and relationship.
- Capacity planning and availability Management
- Product Certification and high level License Management
- SME Consulting services and associated coordination
- Product and platform upgrades
- Collaborate with line of business technology areas to bring advanced knowledge of analytics concepts, best practices, and procedures
- Collaborate with vendor partners to establish a center of excellence for analytics and analytic application development.
- Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming -specifications into cost-effective, technically correct solutions
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities
- Responsible for establishing and managing to established quality control and security protocols
- Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s)
- Leverages technology to develop, redesign and/or implement optimal technology solutions
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements
Requirements (Technical Knowledge):
- 3+ years of SAS distributed platform design, management, and/or support experience
- Experience with SAS mainframe a plus.
- Expert capabilities to support applications on Linux OS
- Shell scripting skills
- Strong understanding of ETL concepts
- Thorough understanding of Analytic capabilities
- Experience with 'R'
- Experience with Salford Systems
- Experience with Hadoop