Job Description : Sr. SAS Administrator/Mentor
Sr. SAS Administrator will maintain and support the SAS Enterprise BI Environment in a senior capacity. The administrator will work with both IT and various Lines of Business users to ensure that the SAS servers as well as security infrastructure and its systems and processes are aligned with tactical and strategic information management initiatives. Strong analytical, communication, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills are essential.
1. Maintaining a running SAS environment alongside IT’s production team.
2. Managing metadata repositories.
3. Monitoring, logging, and/or troubleshooting SAS servers and processes, including error messages and using system logs or setting logging options as well as options within SAS Management Console (SMC).
4. Troubleshooting basic SAS server issues, such as system access and password problems.
5. Understanding SAS installation directory structures, where to find things related to servers, configurations, content, etc.
6. Administering the scheduling of jobs and reports.
7. Installing, configuring and upgrading SAS Enterprise BI Infrastructure. This includes keeping track of the latest SAS patches and applying them.
8. Monitoring, reporting and controlling the SAS server usage.
9. Performance tuning recommendations for the environment.
10. Designing, implementing and maintaining security on SAS Metadata under Windows Server 2008 for the users.
11. Designing, implementing and executing change-control and promotion tasks in SAS.
12. Establishing best practices and guidelines for the usage of SAS BI environment.
13. Providing guidance and assistance to SAS developers on operational and technical issues; Interfacing with SAS Institute for support on environment problem.
14. Providing knowledge transfer, mentoring and expert advice to the team on the efficient administration of the SAS system.
- At least 7 plus years of combined SAS Administration (Unix/Windows) and development experience using SAS Enterprise Guide and/or SAS Program Editor.
- At least 3 plus years of experience with the SAS Management Console in a SAS Bi environment.
- A solid understanding the SAS spawners and SAS Servers in SAS BI environment.
- Experience in troubleshooting SAS and Windows related problems and very resourceful in using SAS technical website / support.
- Working experience of server components including SAS Metadata Server, Workspace Server, Stored Process Server, OLAP Server..
- Working experience with SAS applications including SAS Management Console, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS WebReport Studio.
- Experience in installing, configuring and administering SAS BI platform. Experience with SAS 9.2 and SAS9.3 is required.
- Experience in designing and implementing change control and security with SAS Platform including Metadata Security and Windows security.
- Experience in SAS programming and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of SAS architecture and configuration options.
- Preferred: SAS OLAP studio, SAS Information Map Studio, SAS SPDS
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids