The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. This group leverages its programming and statistical expertise to develop technology that helps improve the way AIR does business. Our statisticians conduct innovative research and have contributed many statistical methods towards the advancement of applied measurement and psychometrics, large-scale assessment, and social science and policy evaluation and analysis. We are currently seeking a SAS Progammer to join our Washington, DC office.
The SAS Programmer will be responsible for the construction and manipulation of large-scale and complex datasets using SAS and the production of aggregate data sets and reports driven by project specific needs and reporting requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Construction and manipulation of large-scale and complex datasets using SAS and SAS macros.
- Production of aggregate data sets, analyses, and reports driven by project specific needs and reporting requirements.
- Development, documentation, QC and maintenance of SAS-based component libraries and applications in cooperation with a team of other developers.
- Provides technical leadership to projects and team.
- Responsible for developing code
- Responsible for assigning tasks to junior programmers especially for development of SAS code for quality control.
- Interaction with Project Managers to understand reporting requirements to translate into SAS code.
- Masters Degree, preferably in a mathematical, statistical, or computer science field, and a minimum of 2 years of experience. Or a Bachelors degree and at least 4 years of experience
- Minimum 2 years experience managing large data sets utilizing SAS
- Demonstrated experience using macros to develop reusable code.
- In depth knowledge of SAS Proc SQL and SAS MACRO language required.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment are required.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...