Responsible for supervising all on-site operations of the Garland swim program, including training and scheduling of staff and evaluation of all programs.
Essential Job Functions
Supervise, schedule, evaluate and assist in training of Garland Swim Program instructors.
Ensure cleanliness of pool and surrounding grounds.
Provide exemplary customer service to students, parents/guardians, pool patrons.
Provide supervision of Swim Program staff.
Responsible for keeping student records.
Assign all registered students to a class.
Test students for station progression
Conduct in-service training as needed.
Wear sunscreen of 30 SPF or higher and encourage staff to do the same.
Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
Education & Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Some college or education beyond High School
- Knowledge of programs and activities at the aquatics facility or ability to learn during training
- Ability to carry out daily and emergency facility procedures and policies or ability to learn during training
- Ability to supervise others and deal courteously with the public
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to keep records
Licenses & Certifications
Valid Class C Texas driver's license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent typically works in an outdoor environment with exposure to all weather conditions under direct sunlight and may be required to walk, bend, stoop and lift a minimum of forty pounds.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
3 years experience in swim instruction
Or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.