Responsible for supervising and coaching the Garland Gator recreational swim team.
Essential Job Functions
1) Oversee operations of the Garland Gator recreational swim team.
2) Provide coaching.
3) Register swimmers for and attend weekly swim meets.
4) Maintain effective communications with Aquatics Supervisor.
5) Provide exemplary customer service to participants and parents.
6) Required to drive personal vehicle for City business.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of competitive aquatic team sports
- Knowledge of general water safety
- Ability to teach swimming skills
- Ability to carry out departmental emergency procedures
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service to participants
- Ability to perform physical activity as required
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Licenses & Certifications
Valid Class C Texas driver's license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent typically works in an indoor/outdoor environment with exposure to all weather conditions under direct sunlight and may be required to walk, bend, stoop and lift a minimum of forty pounds.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
3 years experience in coaching or assistant coaching a swim team
Or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
City of Garland - 24 months ago