SBA Credit Officer
This individual will be responsible for providing credit analysis for SBA lending activities and SBA form processing. The qualified candidate will provide analytical services and SBA processing in the administration of loan accounts. The qualified candidate may also meet with current and potential lenders and outside customers to obtain information needed for SBA and loan processing.
This is a great opportunity to serve as the point of contact for the bank’s SBA program. You will be assisting lenders, within the District, with analysis as it pertains to SBA marketing, loan processing, and/or liquidation guidance.
- Underwrite, analyze and prepare presentations for SBA submission.
- Assists in negotiating loans and structuring presentations.
- Analyze the credit and collateral aspects of business and individual loans both secured and unsecured.
- Monitor loans to ensure proper documentation with respect to items such as periodic calculation of ratios and SBA requirements.
- Assist with documenting loans to ensure complete loan files are maintained.
- Work with lenders and customers on loan accounting/payment issues as needed.
- Prepare packages for obtaining SBA guaranty payment.
- Review of outstanding loans or exploration of lending alternatives for prospective customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, and/or commensurate work experience is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of previous SBA lending/credit experience is preferred.
- Must have recent experience underwriting SBA 7(a) loans with a SBA Preferred Lender.
- Knowledge of SBA lending activities and formal SBA training is highly recommended.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have credit knowledge, local contacts, and active SBA lending experience.
- Strong financial analytical abilities.
Emigrant Bank - 18 months ago