REPORTS TO SBCU Program Manager
Assists SBCU Program Manager in implementing SBCU curriculum and tactics. Accomplish stated objectives on time and on budget. Acts as professor of Product Knowledge, conducts retail clinics and lead symposiums. Provides market feedback to Marketing, R&D and Sales department. Spreads cycling enthusiasm with absolute fanaticism.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Educate - Enhance knowledge level amongst Specialized and dealer employees to:
- Better serve riders by aligning customer desires with appropriate Specialized products.
- Build long term satisfied riders.
- Earn Brand loyalty.
Communicate - Bring intelligence from the market to Specialized Sales, Marketing and R&D to:
- Develop better products.
- Enhance customer service.
Influence – Through curriculum and direct involvement, make measureable improvements in key aspects of our business with dealers such as:
To accomplish these responsibilities, the SBCU Professor of Product Knowledge will execute the following tasks:
- Increase segment representation at retail
- Converting key retail opinion leaders to Specialized products
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Provide effective and motivating education, communication and influence to increase retail representation and other key, tangible improvements.
- Co-Develop SBCU Curriculum.
- Teach “PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE” Classes.
- Assist in Specialized employee training.
- Execute retail clinics.
- Frequent in-field travel. (Retail visits, attendance of key cycling events)
- Adhere to information dissemination system. (Trip reports, photos, presentations, etc.)
- Provide timely and relevant market voice clarification for product groups during development process.
- Aid in development and cultivation of “key opinion leader” list (press, shops, and riders) for ease of influencing and information gathering.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Other desired attributes:
- Have extensive bicycle retail experience (5+years)
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thrive on presenting to a group
- Be able to work with little direct supervision and instruction
- Be a strategic thinker
- Successfully manage multiple demanding tasks simultaneously
- Be a bike enthusiast
- Be responsible and self-motivated
- Have a current passport
- Have a valid driver license and clean driving record
- Teaching or curriculum building experience
- International travel experience
- Extensive experience riding or racing in several disciplines (XC, Road, DH, BMX)
Specialized Bicycle Components - 20 months ago
Specialized Bicycle Components didn't set out to make a museum piece, but the company's original Stumpjumper (the first...