The Security Backed Loan (SBL)/Bank Operations Compliance Officer will be responsible for the compliance program, including monitoring and testing, associated with the Bank's SBL portfolio. In addition, this role will be responsible for the compliance program associated with certain safety and soundness laws and regulations applicable to the Bank. The SBL/Bank Operations Compliance Officer will report directly to the Bank's Chief Compliance Officer.
1. The SBL/Bank Operations Compliance Officer will have primary responsibility for all aspects of the compliance program for the Bank's SBL portfolio, including monitoring and testing of all applicable laws/regulations to ensure compliance.
2. Responsibility for the compliance programs for applicable safety and soundness laws/regulations, including Federal Reserve Board Regulations O, U, and W.
3. Prepare reports of compliance reviews for the Bank’s Chief Compliance Officer, Bank Audit Committee, UBS WMA Director of Compliance, or his/her designee, the Bank’s General Counsel, and the Bank’s President/CEO.
4. Assist Bank management with the development of action plans to remedy noted Compliance, internal/external audit, and regulatory deficiencies.
5. Assist in the preparation and delivery of compliance training to Bank employees, as well as new hires, on a periodic basis.
• Bachelors' degree or higher
• 10-20 years compliance experience in the banking industry
• Strong knowledge of banking laws/regulations, specifically the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Federal Reserve Board Regulations O, U, and W
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Periodic travel, up to 15% per year
• Position may be based in Salt Lake City, Utah or Weehawken, NJ
UBS can offer you an environment geared towards performance, attractive career opportunities, and an open corporate culture that values and rewards the contribution of every individual.
We draw on our 150-year heritage to serve private, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as retail clients in Switzerland....