Barnes Aerospace seeks a talented, self-driven and high- energy individual to serve as Assistant Controller for its Aerospace Segment and Strategic Business Unit. This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate who will contribute as a member of the leadership team adding input to business decisions. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for developing and ensuring a sustainable environment of controls across the global business unit as well as supporting key strategic and commercial initiatives and decisions. If you are a disciplined and collaborative individual with effective leadership skills, demonstrated understanding of Lean who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can focus individual and team energies to deliver results, you may be an excellent candidate to join our team.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization
- Provides leadership and management of all SBU entity level controls. This includes ownership of all Capital Asset Acquisition Request (CAAR) approvals and cash flow, quarterly IVR and loss contract reviews, annual overhead rate assessment, FAS151 accounting reviews and reports status, issues and recommendations to Finance Director. Reinforces integrity and insures compliance with all internal and external regulatory requirements through appropriate internal controls.
- Designing, refining and implementing all SBU wide internal control support initiatives including quarterly internal control reviews with division management, audit preparation and coordinating implementation of all division control recommendations, additional year-end and quarter-close procedures as necessary and SBU wide internal control KPI metrics.
- Support Finance Director with business analysis including but not limited to; weekly, monthly and quarterly forecast performance including growth and/or recovery initiatives, support Finance Director in SBU wide revenue forecasting and sales segmentation analysis. Providing data and support for GDP initiatives.
- Work closely with Corporate Finance and Finance Director to ensure that there is adequate documentation, process flows and support for SOX 404 compliance.
- Manages and controls all accounting and reporting for headquarters, non-operating and peripheral manufacturing locations.
- Acts as consultant to various functional areas of the business unit with regard to financial issues.
- Provides significant support to SBU President, Finance Director and Director of New Business Development and Marketing in order to evaluate new business opportunities and annual strategic planning process.
- Serve as a technical resource to BA finance employees.
- Relocation assistance available
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in accounting with at least four years of accounting and managerial experience in a mid to large size, publicly held, manufacturing company (or division thereof). Experience at a ‘Big 4’ or ‘Tier 2” accounting firm preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of US GAAP and working in a SOX environment is required. Understanding of lean principles and techniques preferred.
- Persuasive leadership skills and superb technical accounting skills to coach, guide and motivate the accounting team as a valued resource to the organization. Strong competencies in emotional intelligence, leadership, continuous improvement, and business acumen.
- Experience managing multi-site financial controls and demonstrated history of increasing responsibilities in financial leadership.
- Data driven, analytical approach to problem solving leading to systemic improvements and lasting results. Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement is an advantage.
- I mpeccable integrity; Superior interpersonal skills; able to communicate and engage personnel at all levels of the organization.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com , click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting. CPA and/or MBA strongly preferred.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard