Associated Spring is seeking a Health, Safety & Environmental Affairs (HSE) SBU Leader to provide leadership and direction in health and safety, environmental protection, effective risk management, loss control, regulatory compliance and product stewardship to its manufacturing sites. As the HSE SBU leader, the ideal candidate will be a self-directed, change agent who can influence across multiple disciplines, excels in creative thinking and innovation, and is action oriented to drive best in class HSE policies and programs throughout the SBU. The candidate will also retain/assume day-to-day HSE responsibilities for the division they are collocated with. The right candidate will ensure our HSE performance consistently meets customer, regulatory and corporate standards and expectations with a focus on obtaining optimal results through BES and progressive health and safety efforts. This position will be based in Milwaukee, MI but will be responsible for multiple sites.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Develop, implement and sustain an effective HSE management system consistent with BGI corporate policy and standards. Lead by example creating a sustainable culture focused on protecting employees and the environment.
- Develop and implement value-added HSE initiatives that provide effective risk management and control and maintain regulatory compliance for all AS manufacturing and distribution locations worldwide. Promote continuous improvement and identify and share best practices across the SBU and BGI.
- Evaluate Division HSE performance and provide guidance on trends, corrective actions and loss rates. Conduct audits in accordance with the BGI HSE standard protocol and schedule in order to provide ongoing evaluation of HSE management system effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Partner with the SBU Leaders and Operations management in setting goals and plans for the reduction of injuries & incidents, to ensure regulatory compliance and to continuously improve the HSE management system.
- Lead, coach and develop all AS HSE managers and dedicated resources. Empower team members with a managerial style that is collaborative, positive, inclusive and balanced in approach to achieve commitments.
- Assist managers in investigating all workplace HSE incidents to determine root cause and assist in identifying and implementing corrective actions that address systemic deficiencies and will prevent recurrence.
- Assist local HSE committees and their activities including self-inspections, employee engagement, training and business-aligned recognition initiatives.
- Ensure AS policies, practices, procedures and facilities comply with all applicable health, safety and environmental laws and regulations. Customize programs for the unique issues in AS Raymond as appropriate.
- Serve as a lead auditor for the BGI HSE Corporate audit program; conduct audits as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in HSE management systems and process improvement. ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 or OSHA VPP experience is desired.
- Demonstrated success managing multi-site safety and environmental affairs and knowledge essential.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions, while driving detailed implementation plans with defined performance metrics.
- Develops effective working relationships which foster integrity, trust and respect. Ability to build relationships and engage all levels within the organization and with external constituencies. Expert ability to identify and evaluate hazards and recommend corrective measures.
- Possesses skill set to negotiate persuasively and influence results through others. Ability to coach and mentor line organization to drive Safety and Health zero incident mentality.
- Strong leadership and people engagement skills; leads by example and manages using leadership effectiveness (EI). Minimum of five (5) years management experience required including managing multiple sites.
- Ability and readiness to travel (25-35%), domestically and internationally.
- Minimum of ten (10) plus years of HSE experience with seven (7) plus years of practical HSE experience in a manufacturing environment.
- B.S. degree required. Degree in Occupational Safety, Safety Engineering, Engineering or related discipline preferred. MS or MBA preferred.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 14 months ago