CSC, a globally and independent company, is actively seeking SCA General Clerk 2 to help support the Applied Technology Division, Training and Logistics, Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC), Corona Division, Performance Assessment Department, at Norco, CA. This position requires the candidate to be U.S. Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
In this capacity, candidate will support the Data Center Processing for Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) Test & Evaluation events. Use various office equipment to file and distribute data after an Aegis BMD event as directed by the DMAP. Convert and ingest data into formatted databases for data retrieval. Acquire, collect and process data during test events. Troubleshoot and correct system malfunctions.
Process 4mm tapes, 9 trks and opticals, DV cams, & VHS. Verify, catalog, wrap and ship data products. Track incoming mail and transmittals. Provide Inventory Control for NIC and software.
Employee will work under close supervision:
Primary Job Activities: Follow up on messages and emails; Organize, scan and load data; Duplicate data/compare for accuracy; Create proper CD/DVD face labels/Verify and Scan duplicated media; Create transmittals for intended recipients; Package products for mailing; Email (via NIPRNET & SIPRNET) data to intended recipients; and Archive incoming data.
- Refer to detailed written or oral guidance before and during assignments
- Recognized problems and non-routine requests are referred to others
- Perform routine clerical tasks operating fax, copy, printer and multi-line phone
- Keep log of received and outgoing items and obtain receipt of delivered items
- Ability to verify incoming and outgoing items in detail
- Work relies heavily on automated systems (i.e. workstations)
- Produce documents to accompany all electronically received and distributed media
- Perform operations to ensure completeness and accuracy of data
- Prepare outgoing transmittal and associated media
- Provide physical and electronic media to data recipients
- Operate peripheral equipment including DVCam recorders, VCR, DVD Player and external hard drives
- Troubleshoot media errors and data processing problems through preplanned procedures
- Receive and store materials, equipment and supplies and verifies against purchase order
- Manage the organization of the physical archived data
- Act as MDDC-C registrar and correspond with DMS users
The SCA General Clerk 2 position requires familiarity with the terminology of the office unit. The General Clerk selects appropriate methods from a wide variety of procedures or makes simple adaptations and interpretations of a limited number of substantive guides and manuals. The clerical steps often vary in type or sequence, depending on the task. Recognized problems are referred to others.
AA degree or related vocational training is a plus. Over 3 years of related Data Processing/Management, Admin/Office Management or IT experience is required. Proficient with MS Office applications Word, Excel). Familiarization with basic office equipment. Candidate must be able to sit as much as 50 to 75 percent and stand, talk, listen as much as 25 percent of the time. Applicant must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. as much as 25 percent of the time. Candidate must have clear vision at 20 inches or less, and able to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus. Must be able to communicate effectively, in English, both verbally and in writing. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate, within multiple training domains and/or work site locations.
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...