Schofield Barracks, HI
Security Clearance Status:
Security Clearance Type:
US Citizenship Required:
Quality Control Lead
This position will report to the Maintenance Control Supervisor and will be responsible for directing the daily activities of the Maintenance Quality Control (Inspector) Branch. Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: supervising 19 regular full-time positions on a daily basis to include performance counseling, staffing actions, managing leave requests, promoting involvement in company/division programs; directing the daily inspection activities and executing status change functions in SAMS-IE; responsible for planning, providing work direction, monitoring documentation control, administration of subordinates and Physical Security tasks.
The QC Lead is responsible for managing the performance of technical inspections (both on-site and off-site) on a wide range of tactical wheeled vehicles, construction equipment, Power Generation Equipment, and Special Purpose Equipment. Responsible for the performance of initial equipment inspections upon receipt of jobs and directs inspectors to conduct in-progress and final inspections on completed jobs. Approves or accepts repair work and certifies operational readiness of equipment and/or refers back to the Shop Foreman with deficiencies noted. Responsible for the planning and execution of technical inspections and verification inspections and performs Equipment Classifications according to contract requirements and Army regulations. Responsible for assisting management personnel in the preparation of Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) cost estimates and official Requests for Proposals.
Essential job functions include inspecting repair work performed by others, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of combat and tactical vehicles. The QC Lead must possess the skill and knowledge to perform initial, in-progress, and final inspections to the above equipment and be able to perform various diagnostic tests and/or inspections utilizing fixed dynamometer, compression testers, wheel adjusting meters, brake testing equipment, multi-meter, engine analyzers, etc. to test major end items and components. The QC Lead must have the ability to troubleshoot and isolate the problems, interpret guides, instructions, and technical manuals to determine nature of malfunction, parts needed or standards of repair. Required Skills:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 10+ years of applicable Army Maintenance experience preferred
• Ability to compute cost estimates for incoming jobs and classifications of equipment
• Proficiency in the use of computer programs to include MS Office
• Ability to obtain and maintain the requisite security background check
• Valid state driver's license
• Ability to obtain a Government driver's license in some automotive specialties
• Knowledge in use of Technical Manuals, Technical Bulletins, applicable DA & DD Forms, AR 750-1 & DA PAM 750-8
• Ability to stand, bend, stretch, stoop and work in awkward positions
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Background in Army maintenance operations and power generation
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, aerospace and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Support Solutions (S2) sector provides a wide range of products and services, including engineering, systems integration, ship repair, and readiness & sustainment for military and commercial customers throughout the product life cycle, anywhere around the world. This sector is headquartered in Washington, D.C. Core capabilities include:
• Expertise as a leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair and overhaul services
• Sustainment services to extend the viability of existing land and maritime platforms at home and in theater, while modernizing to meet evolving threats
• Experienced partner providing seamless, onsite management of military and government customer operations
• High-volume producer of protective and load-carrying gear for military personnel
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
BAE Systems - 6 months ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...