I&C Engineer; responsible for all engineering and technical aspects of all instrumentation and control systems to ensure quality, reliability and cost effective construction and operation of E.ON Climate & Renewables (EC&R) North America Wind Farms.
1. Develop and maintain Generation Management System (GMS) applications including FEP, SCADA, AGC, ECA, and dispatcher functions.
2. Develop and Maintain RTU configuration, programmable logic control systems, and communication interfaces required to operate wind generating facilities.
3. Specify instrumentation and control systems within wind generation facilities primarily involved in the bulk electric system grid interfaces, switched and dynamic reactive devices, substation automation, and metering systems.
4. Establish and maintain instrumentation and control design criteria to be used on all applicable equipment, standards, and specifications for wind farms.
5. Lead startup and commissioning activities of SCADA systems for new wind farms.
6. Assure all designs are in accordance with applicable codes, standards, and regulatory requirements.
7. Provide technical support in the areas of Construction, Operations, and Maintenance to ensure timely and cost effective resolution to instrumentation and control issues.
8. Work within global team environment on process improvements. Develop process and procedure for asset management team with focus on I&C engineering.
Qualifications BS in Electrical Engineering from a ABET accredited college engineering program.
· Ability to obtain PE License.
· Minimum 3 years of professional experience applicable to Utility, Renewables, and/or Power Plant design, construction and operations including design experience in one or more of the following: transmission, substation, distribution, collection, system studies, and/or system protection.
· Intimate knowledge of control systems, automation, SCADA, PLC's, RTU's, and IED's.
Availability: Open until filled
Work schedule: Full-time
E.ON - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard