APC is seeking a SCADA Systems Specialist for a position in Cincinnati, OH.
Job Duties include:
- Provide day-to-day production support of the Midwest Energy Management System (EMS)
- Perform integration, modeling and testing of various SCADA devices and validate data in EMS applications
- Perform EMS configuration tasks to support user access requests and other control center functionality enhancements.
- Participate in 24 x 7 on-call support rotation
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology, or Computer Science; Minimum GPA 3.0
- 2+ years experience
- Able to work effectively in challenging situations and under time pressure
- Able to understand and resolve complex technical issues
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel throughout the company's service territory and facilities (substations, operations centers, etc.), as required
- Able to pass NERC background check
- A working knowledge of SCADA protocols such as DNP 3.0 and L&G8979, as well as, ASE2000 Test Set and Wireshark troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of SCADA and other EMS applications, including modeling/operations of Alstom products such as e-terracontrol, e-terrabrowser, e-terramodeler
- Experience with historical databases and applications, such as OSIsoft PI and ProcessBooks
- General knowledge of networking protocols and equipment
- Computer programming and development including PERL scripting, XML usage, and Windows Operating Systems
Alliance of Professionals and Consultants - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -