Description of Work: Client is moving some Enterprise systems to the Microsoft platform. Part of the work is to upgrade the client's end user computing environment of SCCM 2007 & Windows XP SP3 to the Windows 7 operating system and SCCM 2012 platform. During this upgrade, additional staff is required to augment the software intake process and output to meet project timetables.
Tasks for SCCM Administrator
- Advanced SCCM 2007 & 2012 administration skills
- Advanced SCCM 2007 & 2012 infrastructure support skills
- Advanced Group Policy administering and troubleshooting skills
- Advanced distributed application troubleshooting skills
- Advanced overall SCCM troubleshooting skills
- Advanced OSD end to end troubleshooting skills
- Advanced WSUS troubleshooting skills
- Advanced preboot & WIM image troubleshooting skills
- Advanced AD troubleshooting skills
- Troubleshooting using log files
- Certificates and security stores
- Advanced Windows XP operating system troubleshooting skill
- Advanced Windows 7 operating system troubleshooting skill
- QA process
- Windows Virtual PC
- PowerShell and other scripting language proficiency
- SCCM & Microsoft KB & TechNet forums usage
- Create, manage and administer the SCCM OSD deployment process including the driver library.
- Create, manage and administer Group Policy.
- Create, manage and administer Active Directory.
- Create, manage and administer WSUS for both desktop and servers.
- Create, manage and administer WIM image environment via SCCM.
- Create, manage and administer WIM image via WAIK/ADK toolset.
- Create, manage and administer USB/PXE booting environment for SCCM imaging.
- Create, manage and administer preboot WIM booting environment for SCCM imaging.
- Create and administer advertisements, programs and collections in SCCM.
- Create and administer custom reports in SCCM.
- Create and administer custom queries in SCCM.
- Troubleshoot failed SCCM deployments and SCCM health issues.
- Administer SCCM software delivery including various methods like run advertised programs, machine targeted, user targeted and large scale deployments.
- Administer the SCCM tool set back end. Keep the system running and healthy. This includes changes to the core components and settings, backups, restores, software delivery, client heath, reporting, boundaries and bandwidth settings.
- Administer and support WSUS environment. Including approving, testing and deploying updates via WSUS in SCCM and troubleshooting failed updates. Maintenance windows and staggered updates deployments.
- Manage and administer SCCM client health including the process of getting clients healthy.
- Mange and administer SCCM desired state.
- Troubleshoot failed images.
- Troubleshoot various failed SCCM processes.
- General SCCM administration and troubleshooting.
- Administer and troubleshoot BitLocker.
- Administer and troubleshoot PKI certificate incorporation into SCCM.
Additional Comments (optional):
- Minimum of 3 years of current experience as a SCCM 2007 administrator.
- Minimum of 3 years of current experience with OSD.
- Hands on experience with SCCM 2012.
Founded in April 2000, NorthShore Resources is a leading provider of Information Technology consulting services. Centrally located in...