Functions as independent scientist and may be allocated space, resources, and other operational support within TMHRI. Individuals in this position are expected to have their own extramural funding and publications portfolio. Evidence of teaching, patented or licensed discoveries, extramural recognition, institutional service, collaborative and effective interactions with other faculty and staff, and, where relevant, clinical excellence and performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops and manages independent grant portfolio. 2. Develops and publishes in high impact journals
3. Administers funds provided by the specific grant(s). 4. Defines problems and possible solutions as dictated by the research project. 5. Establishes procedures to be applied for projects.
6. Designs, develops, or adapts equipment used in experiments or research to obtain desired results.
7. Coordinates and provides technical direction to the work activities of research staff engaged in projects.
8. Performs and supervises those procedures which require a highly developed technical skill.
9. Analyzes data and interprets data.
10. Reviews scientific literature.
11. Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance. 12. Demonstrates the componets of the ICARE values statement. 13. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information s needed.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ph.D. No experience required.
- 2 years ago - save job